View Full Version : Skype for Pocket PC- Worth it?

Mister HP
04-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey everyone,
I recently stumbled across a version of Skype for the Pocket PC- something pretty interesting. Has anybody tried using it and if you have- does the application run like it does on the comp? I haven’t had time to install it and with my limited space :lol: I’m wondering whether or not it's worth it. For those without a Pocket PC Phone Edition, it sounds pretty promising- being able to talk to other people (whether they have Skype PC ed. or you pay a certain amount to call anyone across the globe!) Obviously one has to be connected to the internet- that seems to be a problem in an environment where hotspots are scarce :lol:
Here is the link to their website: http://www.skype.com/download/skype/mobile/

~Mister HP

Darius Wey
04-14-2006, 06:34 PM
I use Skype for Pocket PC a lot. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the desktop client, but for what Skype is all about (voice conversations, instant messaging, and voicemail), it does it well.

So, to answer your question, if you're a Skype junkie and think you'd use it enough on your Pocket PC, then do try it. Just make sure your processor is reasonable, otherwise you'll experience some funky voice quality.

Sven Johannsen
04-15-2006, 04:27 AM
I’m wondering whether or not it's worth it. It's free, how could it not be. It can be installed to a Flash card BTW, so space shouldn't be much of an issue.

Mister HP
04-15-2006, 04:43 AM
I have also noticed that they fixed a lot of “bugs”- Installing it right now :lol: