View Full Version : T-Mobile MDA QuestionS

lb1xxxx
04-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Hi guys

I should be receiving my T-Mobile MDA in a few days. I read alot of different things about it, as well as being confused as to which unit it is (Q-Tek 9100, i-Jam etc).

My questions are as follows:

1) Who has it and what do they think?

2) What sites are good to go to for 3p software? Basically to personalize it, add programs for the phone pad etc.

3) I know about Pocketpcthemes.com. Does anyone else use that site to download themes? If not, where do you go for them?

4) How is the reception? Some say it's crap, others say it's great. I live in NJ and never really had a problem with T-Mobile phone reception.

5) I get conflicting info on whether this unit is Java enabled or not. Some reviewers say yes, some say no. Which is it?

I know these are alot of questions, but trust me, the more I read up on this thing, the more confused I got. LOL!! For the most part, the reviews have been very favorable, so buying this device was a no brainer. I just want to verify a few more things about it.

CitiWiFi
04-15-2006, 12:58 PM
I have had my T-Mobile MDA since the middle of Feb.

It is by far the best PPC phone device I have used. All of the differnt devices are masically the same all made by HTC and OEM'ed by different companies and carriers and marketed under the following names:

Qtek 9100 / I-mate K-JAM / MDA Vario / O2 XDA Mini S / SPV M3000 / Cingular 8125 / T-Mobile MDA

The best resource I have found for this device is http://wiki.xda-developers.com/

The forum there is full of great users that really know how to customize and optimize the device.

As far as Java, I have read a few things there that refer to it. I think is may be included in a ROM update. There are many ROM updates available for download links from the forum.

Take the time to read about the update and unlock process first as it will simplify your customization.