View Full Version : Different program software to take better photos with MDA?

Shap
04-13-2006, 04:10 PM
I just got my MDA and love every bit of it, except the photos it takes are horrible. I expect them to be pretty bad with a 1.3, but not this bad. They are always way too dark unless your out in the sun. Is there a different program you can install to enhance the quality?

thx

Nurhisham Hussein
04-14-2006, 01:28 AM
Sorry, afraid not. HTC has never allowed anybody a peek at their camera API, so nobody has been able to come up with alternative programs for any of their various PDA-phones.

tufif
05-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Try setting ambience to night. It works fine on mine, even in fairly dark rooms.

Menneisyys
05-10-2006, 02:17 PM
I just got my MDA and love every bit of it, except the photos it takes are horrible. I expect them to be pretty bad with a 1.3, but not this bad. They are always way too dark unless your out in the sun. Is there a different program you can install to enhance the quality?

thx

It's not because it's "only" 1.3 Mpixel but because of he terrible "optics".

As hisham has already pointed out, there're no third-party apps. Not that they would help - for example, the well-known CECam (see PDA-based camera expert Gerard's comments at http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=216811 ) don't support internal, built-in cameras.

Explicitly switching to the Night mode helps a bit indoors.