View Full Version : rapi.Connect ASP .NET Access Denied... Very Urgent, Please HELP

peliss_f
04-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Working on ASP .NET 2.0 i've the following error when trying to render the form :
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access Denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
I've tried to grant the requiered privilege to ASPNET user on IIS 5.0 but without result...

Thanks a lot for your response....

Just in case : The code i try to run under asp .net works great on a Win32 application (c#)

RAPI myRapi = new RAPI();
myRapi.connect(); <- Bug is there (access denied)
myRapi.CopyToDevice("fileToCopy", "\\location on the device\fileNameOndevice", true);

I don't know how to make it works... please help me, i need to have that thing working !!! Thanks for all response

To Try is the best way to fail

Guest979
04-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Which PDA are you using? If you have .NETcf 2.0, then I'm guessing you might have Windows Mobile 5, in which case I would expect that your ability to use RAPI over the Internet is greatly diminished due to those darn "security reasons."

peliss_f
04-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Indeed, i'm using .NET cf 2.0 and the virutal PDA.... my personal PDA is an acer n300 (windows mobile 5 too i guess), if i can't use rapi under asp .net (wich for my part i use for local area web application) could you tell me what connector i'd rather use, thanks a lot !

Guest979
04-15-2006, 03:38 AM
There is some good info on this page (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppcgen/html/wmdeploy.asp).

I can't guarantee that this will solve the problem, but it has a lot of information about how to enable/disable various security aspects related to Windows Mobile and .NETcf.

Hope this helps.

peliss_f
04-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Thanks a lot for your responses.... But i can't manage to solve that problem by my own... i tried but without any results... as i figured, the problem comes from the authentification on the pocket PC, the ASP .NET application need to be authenticated on the pocket pc too (the security problem don't come from any local access i think)... But how to add the request privilege on the pocket PC ? I see some stuff about certificates but i'm totally lost.... please a little more help will be very usefull to me... thanks a lot...

Guest979
04-15-2006, 10:30 PM
This page (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/guide_ppc/html/ppc_wce51conmodifyingsecuritypolicyprovisioningdocumentozup.asp) talks about how you can write an XML file to modify the security properties for a given CAB installer. You can figure out which specific permissions you need and then write the XML according to the instructions on the page, which you can then use to make a CAB.

My experience and access to these specific tools are somewhat limited, so it is hard for me to test and give advice beyond that. I think you may be expecting a bit too much considering this is a free/public forum... I can't really write your whole program for you, especially since I'm not certain that it's even within my ability level.

peliss_f
04-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Thank you very much for your responses, i think i can manage that problem with the informations yoiu (if i found a way out i'll post the answer)... just for my personnal usage, can you tell me about others forum (event. non public) that could have helped me in my research ??? Keep you in touch...

peliss_f
04-25-2006, 11:01 AM
I didn't make it works.... however, i manage to get another error message :-) CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE... I got it when i grant the ASPNET user the admin's right (member of the admin's group)... But as it's an other error, i'll open a new topic...