View Full Version : Default Apps in Pocket PC 2003/SE

KlytusLord
04-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way of removing or just hiding the some or all of the default applications that Pocket PC 2003 comes with.

I really want to keep my sections (programs and settings, for example) as clean as possible, and I would like to remove or hide the icons for things I do not use at all (such as eBackup and others that I have replaced with 3rd party software.)

If anyone knows of a way of doing this, please let me know. Many thanks!

Nurhisham Hussein
04-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Using file explorer, go to Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Delete or move the icons you don't want from there.

P.S. Welcome to PPCT!

KlytusLord
04-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Thank you for the reply.

I was referring to the main Programs window, not the icons in the Start Menu. I want to hide things like the Folder named "Games" and MSN Messenger, and Pictures, but from the actual Programs Window.

Thanks again.

Nurhisham Hussein
04-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Same thing - any changes to the links in that folder will be reflected in both the programs window and the start menu.

KlytusLord
04-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks!!

Guest979
04-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Same thing - any changes to the links in that folder will be reflected in both the programs window and the start menu.

Well, right... sort of. The Start Menu folder contains a subfolder called "Programs," and altering the contents of this subfolder will change the programs launcher (whereas the main folder affects the menu). However, I don't think any single change would change both.

I'm talking about 2003, since that's what the question asked about. I don't have a WM5 device to check if this has changed, although I kind of doubt that it has.

Nurhisham Hussein
04-14-2006, 01:25 AM
However, I don't think any single change would change both.

My bad, you're right - I've been using Wisbar Advance for so long, I've gotten used to the idea of the Programs link being expandable straight from the Start Menu, and not just opening up the Programs window.