View Full Version : Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Mobile

Ed Hansberry
04-11-2006, 02:00 PM
<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ea5a3566-7ec8-4afe-bbfa-91e7210c55c4&amp;DisplayLang=en">http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ea5a3566-7ec8-4afe-bbfa-91e7210c55c4&amp;DisplayLang=en</a><br /><br /><i>"Microsoft CRM Mobile provides salespeople with up-to-date information about their accounts and contacts, and helps them manage sales opportunities and track sales-related activities. Salespeople select the data to take with them on the road. While disconnected, they can enter data related to their sales activities. Salespeople can synchronize data with the Microsoft CRM server when the network is available, either when the user is on the office network, or when wireless access is available through GPRS. The data entry forms and views can be customized for your business."</i><br /><br />If your company uses Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 and you have Windows Mobile 2003 or higher, you may want to give this software a shot. For some reason, WM2003 only works in intranet scenarios. For internet access, you must have WM5. The download is a mere 169MB. 8O

bbarker
04-11-2006, 05:47 PM
I was very excited to see a Microsoft mobile CRM solution. Then I saw that it only works with the Microsoft CRM server, which I don't have.

I am beginning a sales job where I live and work far from the rest of the company (which also doesn't have a Microsoft CRM server). Does anyone know of a solution for me?

I've heard that Act! has very limited mobile functionality. Besides, I was going to be a beta tester for their first version but it messed up my Contacts database. Their response was, so what?

I need a mobile CRM solution that sync with my desktop computer.

szamot
04-12-2006, 06:33 AM
Salesforce is the only true mobile CRM app. I think MS has a long way to go here.

bbarker
04-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Salesforce is the only true mobile CRM app.
What is the mobile functionality of Salesforce for a single user working on a desktop PC and a PPC? Sharing info with others is not a high priority. What does it cost under this setup?