View Full Version : D-Pad for Dummies anywhere?

schmenge
04-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Got a new device (8125) a few weeks ago with my first d-pad. On one hand it seems pretty straight-forward, OTOH I would think I shuld be able to close/minimize a program and can't figure out how/if I can do that. Is there anyplace where I can find the features that d-pad does and does not offer?

ADBrown
04-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Being able to minimize programs, as well as open the start menu, are functions usually reserved to independant buttons alongside the d-pad. Unfortunately, these were left off of the 8125 for some reason. I'm told there's freeware available at XDA-Developers.com that will let the two phone buttons to double duty in order to correct this.

schmenge
04-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Being able to minimize programs, as well as open the start menu, are functions usually reserved to independant buttons alongside the d-pad. Unfortunately, these were left off of the 8125 for some reason. I'm told there's freeware available at XDA-Developers.com that will let the two phone buttons to double duty in order to correct this.

Cool 8). I found the program at XDA and am giving it a spin no. So far it really seems to do the trick.

gibson042
04-09-2006, 01:42 AM
Could you put up a link to the program?

schmenge
04-09-2006, 01:52 AM
Right after I posted I thought "You know, I should probably include the link." :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=41060