View Full Version : Syncing problems with HQ iPAQ 4700

dneunabe
04-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi,
I'm new the to forum, and I search it without success to find an answer to my dilemma. I sync my device using Active Sync Version 3.8. It is connected to my Home PC directly via USB (ie. not thru a hub). My problem is that the computer often fails to recognize that the device has been put it the cradle (I hear the system sound when I do so, so I know it is soundly attached). A soft reset seems to fix the problem, but I doubt that this is normal. I'd greatly appreciate some advice on how to stop this annoying problem.
Thanks much!
Dan

Darius Wey
04-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

This sounds like a software conflict. Mind listing the applications you have installed on your Pocket PC? Also, a list of your ActiveSync conduits would also help (that is, items you have set to sync - like Calendar, Contacts, etc. + any other third-party items).

dneunabe
04-08-2006, 04:37 AM
"Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

This sounds like a software conflict. Mind listing the applications you have installed on your Pocket PC? Also, a list of your ActiveSync conduits would also help (that is, items you have set to sync - like Calendar, Contacts, etc. + any other third-party items)."

In response to the above, the ActiveSync conduits are:
Calendar
Contacts
Tasks
Favorites
Inbox
Notes
Files

The third party software includes:
PhatPad version 3.0
Patient Tracker version 5.2 (by handheldmed.com)
Spd Time version 1.1 (a clock)

Darius Wey
04-08-2006, 05:03 AM
If you can afford to, uninstall Patient Tracker and see if that solves the problem.

If not, try reinstalling ActiveSync on your PC.

Any luck?