View Full Version : HP bluetooth headphones power adapter

applbr
04-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi,

I'm the proud (!?) owner of a pair of HP's infamous wireless headphones.

Despite all the reported problems, I'm not too unhappy with them (I do treat them very gingerly!). I have, though, managed to lose the itty bitty power adapter.

The only reference I've found on the net is:
http://www.techexcess.net/hp-compaq-ipaq-power-adapter-for-bluetooth-headphones-378005-001.aspx

I'd be eternally grateful if someone out there with a pair could check the part number on the power adapter (if there is one) and see if it's the same as the one being sold at techexcess...

Cheers,
Ryan

f1rick
04-07-2006, 12:29 PM
The part numbers on mine are as follows (in the UK),

P/N 378001-001
SPS 378005-001

Hope this helps!

applbr
04-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks f1rick - looks like the adapter on sale is the one I want. Saves having to try and make one out of balsa wood and pins...

Sven Johannsen
04-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Everyone who owns one of these headphone sets needs to go look at the price for the adapter. You may treat the own you have with more care.

applbr
04-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Well, techexcess have just got back to me and told me it'll cost $33 ($33!!) to ship to the UK.

HP Parts UK doesn't stock it and HP Parts in the US charge $66 (yes, you did read that right).

I'm now beginning to wish I'd taken a little more care with it...

Anyone have any ideas where I might obtain the power adapter for less than a pair of brand new headphones?

Cheers,
Ryan

r_bitting
04-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Just thought I'd like to let everybody know that I found that the new bluetooth 2.0 adapters (I am using the Kensington model #33348 I got at Compusa) have the A2DP high quality stereo audio profile and I can pair the HP Bluetooth Headphones with the laptop using the dongle and use the headphones on either the laptop or the IPAQ. Works great!

Sven Johannsen
04-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Anyone have any ideas where I might obtain the power adapter for less than a pair of brand new headphones?

The HP headphones were made for them by Logitech, who now are marketing them on their own. Possibly they use the same adapter? or maybe they have a power brick that has the right connector. The HP adapter was at least partially so you could use HP supplies you already owned, since you presumably bought the headphones to go with your HP PPC?

applbr
04-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the tip, Sven - I've had a look at Logitech's website and (from the photos at least) the headphones appear identical. I've contacted technical support to at least see if they sell spare adapters before getting my hopes up too much...

The moral of my story: DON'T LOOSE YOUR LITTLE ADAPTER! :)

If they do, it looks like it should be the right shape:
http://www.ilounge.com/assets/images/reviews_logitech/wirelessh/lwh4.jpg

Sven Johannsen
04-13-2006, 04:36 AM
I've contacted technical support to at least see if they sell spare adapters before getting my hopes up too much...
Even if they sell a whole wall wart with the right connector, there is a good chance they aren't as proud of that as HP is of the adapter.

simon tahiti
04-18-2006, 01:21 PM
I bought a Logitech bluetooth hands free unit for my wife to use with her phone...and its AC charger appears to use the same connector as the HP headphones.