View Full Version : Custom Ringtones for Sprint-PPC6700

misstprice
04-07-2006, 12:34 AM
How do I change the ring type to a custom ring in phone settings?

Darius Wey
04-07-2006, 09:35 AM
How do I change the ring type to a custom ring in phone settings?

You'll need to add some custom ringtones first. Copy a few of your favourite WMAs or WAVs to \Windows\Rings on your Pocket PC. Next, launch Start > Settings > Phone, and from there, you should be able to choose your ring tone and ring type.

misstprice
04-07-2006, 10:08 AM
:cry: I tried that and still i get the same boring standard ringtones.

Darius Wey
04-07-2006, 10:16 AM
:cry: I tried that and still i get the same boring standard ringtones.

Another folder to try is \Application Data\Sounds - I've heard that works for some people, though \Windows\Rings should work by default. :|

misstprice
04-07-2006, 12:15 PM
:D yeah, i got it working. I put the song in the Sounds folder and it works as ring tone.

Any ideas with adding custom ringtones to notifications. If not, I am happy with playing the ring tone option.

Thanks again

Darius Wey
04-07-2006, 01:15 PM
:D yeah, i got it working. I put the song in the Sounds folder and it works as ring tone.

Great. :D

Any ideas with adding custom ringtones to notifications. If not, I am happy with playing the ring tone option.

Same principle - different folder. This time, copy some of your favourite audio files (preferably, WAV) directly into the \Windows folder. They should then appear as a selectable option in the 'Sounds & Notifications' applet of Settings.