View Full Version : O2 Atom won't turn on

skeptical
04-06-2006, 07:34 PM
I bought an O2 Atom and have been using it fine for a couple of weeks. However earlier today I charged the phone, then played with it a bit and now it won't turn on anymore. When I put in the charger the orange charge light on the phone comes on for like 10 seconds, then goes off. In the user manual it says that this means the battery is fully charged. However, I can't turn the damn thing back on.

I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. Same thing. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Darius Wey
04-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Try pressing the soft reset button. If all else fails, initiate a hard reset (your manual will show you how to do this, though bear in mind that you will lose your data).

Any luck?

skeptical
04-07-2006, 06:01 AM
I can't initiate a soft/hard reset because the Atom won't even power on to let me. Help?

Nurhisham Hussein
04-07-2006, 07:41 AM
You don't have to have your PDA powered up to do a soft or hard reset - it's done mechanically, not by software. Check your manual.

skeptical
04-07-2006, 06:31 PM
You don't have to have your PDA powered up to do a soft or hard reset - it's done mechanically, not by software. Check your manual.I've done both the soft and hard resets. Neither one works.

Darius Wey
04-08-2006, 01:44 AM
I've done both the soft and hard resets. Neither one works.

I suggest you try the same thing with the device connected to the AC. If even after that, you can't do anything, then it sounds very much like a hardware defect and you should contact O2 and have it repaired / replaced.

dougeks
04-08-2006, 02:36 PM
I have found that if you let the battery on the Atom go completely flat with the unit on the only way to get it turned on again is to remove the battery and on one occassion I had to perform a soft reset.

Good Luck with it, Its a great device but does have 1 or 2 gremlins I'm hoping O2 are planning to release a WM5 ROM uprade soon