View Full Version : Day Light Savings and Outlook

SarahMN
04-05-2006, 04:01 AM
Okay, I have officially gone crazy. My PPC and Outlook Caldendar are off by an hour a 3pm appt in outlook shows up at 4pm on my PPC. How can I fix this??

Darius Wey
04-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Two things to check - first, your timezone settings on both your PC and Pocket PC, and second, your daylight savings option.

On your PC, double-click the time in the system tray in the bottom right of the screen. Select the 'Time Zone' tab, and ensure it's set to your region. Tick the 'Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes' box, if it is not already ticked. Also, select the 'Date & Time' tab and ensure that the time is correct.

On your Pocket PC, select Start > Settings > System (tab) > Clock & Alarms > Time (tab). Ensure your 'home' region is set correctly.

Any luck? :)

Sven Johannsen
04-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Note that on the PC the different options within a Time Zone deal with DST in different ways, if the DST box is checked. Could be when things change, or if it changes at all. With the box not checked on the PC, DST will not be observed. On the PPC the variations within a TZ are the same as on the PC but there is no way to not use them. So if you live in Arizona (no DST) and select Mountain Time (-7) and turn of DST, you will be OK. If you set Mountain Time on the PPC there is no way to turn DST off and your PPC will be an hour out of sync with your PC.

Look at the TZ options in your band -7, +10, or whatever, and pick the one that observes DST the same way you do on both the PC and the PPC land let the PC take care of DST automatically.

Hope that makes some sense.

gpatel
11-02-2006, 02:34 AM
So I tried the tip listed here, but the PocketPC was still off by one hour. I use PI so I thought, great time to use the "Delete all Appointments" pick. Brilliant idea, next time I sync. all the times will come from Outlook and be ok.

Ahhh, perhaps in theory, but in practice I ended up deleting all my appointments in both machines now! :oops:

Sven Johannsen
11-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Look in deleted items on your desktop Outlook. It's a shot.