View Full Version : Junk Mail rules for Sprint PPC-6700?

PocketsOnShirts
04-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Is there a way to set up Junk Mail rules on a PPC-6700 when retrieving mail via Pocket Outlook? Having my e-mail pushed to my phone would be great if I could find the important messages amidst dozens of spam messages.

Cybrid
04-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Is there a way to set up Junk Mail rules on a PPC-6700 when retrieving mail via Pocket Outlook? Having my e-mail pushed to my phone would be great if I could find the important messages amidst dozens of spam messages.Not using Pocket Outlook.

Try a better client.
Flexmail, NPOP, QMail, Proximail.
See Menneisyss' email client roundup

PocketsOnShirts
04-04-2006, 04:07 PM
OK, I need a little further explanation on this one . . .

My goal is to receive leads via e-mail and respond quickly. The e-mail address that I advertise to prospective customers unfortunately is captured by spammers and all the messages get mixed together.

The IT person set up my phone to sync with our Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, saying this is the best (only?) way to receive e-mail instantly to my phone for the quick response to the customer.

I have junk mail rules set up on my laptop Outlook that filters out the junk pretty well. But the phone gets all the junk. The junk to real customer ratio is at least 10 to 1.

I asked the IT guy about setting up junk mail rules directly on the server, but he says that is risky because if no one is checking the junk folder within the server regularly, then we could be mistakenly filtering important messages.

So will these e-mail clients you mention accomplish my goal of real-time e-mail and junk filtering?

Cybrid
04-05-2006, 06:44 AM
See Menneisyss' email client roundup

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46747&highlight=

I understood what you meant the first time. :D

PocketsOnShirts
04-05-2006, 04:19 PM
The real question is . . . did I understand what I meant the first time? :lol:

Thanks again.