View Full Version : Install software - is it possible?

rbruno
03-29-2006, 08:35 PM
I just purchased an hp ipaq hx295 and was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to install software specifically designed for PC? It's an accounting/cpa test review software, just a bunch of multiple choice questions and it would be nice to have it on my ipaq to study on the commuter train. If this is possible please let me know. Thanks.

Mark Kenepp
03-29-2006, 09:02 PM
A Pocket PC will only run software specifically written to run on the Pocket PC's OS. You will not be able to run any Widows Desktop software, unless there is a version of that software written for the Pocket PC.

applejosh
03-29-2006, 09:35 PM
This is the one big reason why I think Microsoft should not use the "Windows" name for their portable devices. Yes, Windows might have that warm and fuzzy feeling to it (except for those of us who have to troubleshoot, beta test, support, etc.), but it really isn't even functionally close to the desktop OS that bears a similar name. I'm not criticizing the original poster. This is a common misconception created by the marketing juggernaut known as Microsoft.