View Full Version : WM5 - Pocket Outlook & Categories

skjohn8
03-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Hi all!

When I'm composing a new message in pocket outlook, and I press the 'To:' button to bring up my contacts - I remember being able to filter the list by categories on my older WM 2003 device.

Is that possible in Pocket Outlook on WM5? I just don't see anywhere to select category...?

Thanks!

Darius Wey
03-27-2006, 12:57 AM
Not that I'm aware of.

The dynamic search bar is there to help you search for the contact's name instead - possibly far more useful than a categories filter function, but to each their own.

skjohn8
03-27-2006, 01:14 AM
Thanks Darius,

Here's how I found the category option very useful:

I would need to send out a meeting reminder for a monthly insulin pump support group I attend.

I would have the attendees assigned to a particular category, then be able to list all contacts in that category, selecting everyone in the category and adding them to the "To:" field.

That way I didn't need to remember every attendees name.

Although the way it is in WM5 is (I believe) consistent with Outlook on the desktop. Pressing the "To:" button brings up a way to search for contacts by name, but not by category. Is that correct?

The other option would be to use a distribution list. Anyone use those in conjunction with pocket outlook? How does it work?