View Full Version : PocketPC GPS Software Questions

g0nk
03-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Greetings everyone. I just purchaced a i-Blue GPS Reciever on the recommendation of the magazine here, and I am curious as to what the best GPS software for PocketPC is?

I have a WM5 Cingular 8125 that I will be using with the GPS Reciever. And I live in a smaller town. One of the things i've been seeing with most of the GPS Software out there is that they only come with major US cities. Is there a GPS software solution out there that has maps of virtually everywhere in the US? or just certain regions at least? Also, I would like the functionality of inputting an address into the software and it gives me automatic directions based on where I am located with the GPS Reciever.

Is this at all possible? I'm fairly a newb to GPS, so any help would be great. Thanks!

Edgar_
03-26-2006, 10:43 PM
The best place on the web for this question, and for many reviews is
www.gpspassion.com

I personally use Inav Corp Iguidance and like it, TomTom is the other leader. I use it around Northern California but I bought it last summer when I lived in Washington, DC, All over the east coast and transcontinental trip it worked great.

I disagree with your assessment, most of the MAJOR GPS firms do nationwide and Canada (North America). This includes, microsoft, Delorme, INav, TomTom, etc