View Full Version : SEVERE STATIC With ANY Bluetooth headset and the Qtek 9000 - Universal

Monty Gibson
03-24-2006, 03:15 AM
:evil: I've had it. I've tried the Jabra 250v, the Motorola H700 and now the Bluespoon AX2. Static on all of them with the Qtek about 1 foot from my head. This is ridiculous. Any help would be appreciated, I'm getting a little depressed paying $950.00 for this PPCPE.

Here is my device information:

ROM Version: 1.13.64 WWE
ROM Date: 9-30-05
Radio Version:1.03.00
Protocol Version: 42.36.P8
ExtROM Version: 1.13.151. WWE

Thank you,
Monty Gibson

gunflight
03-27-2006, 08:03 AM
I have tried many bluetooth headsets with my T mobile MDA US. I get static on all of them if i move the phone more than 3 feet away from the headset. At first i thought it was the phone i got. I switched it out for a new one and it did the same thing. It really makes me mad seeing as i use the bluetooth all day long. T mobile and HTC refuse to help me.

Sorry but I cant help.

Im in the same boat.

Joshua Hanson.

Monty Gibson
03-27-2006, 11:46 PM
I have tried many bluetooth headsets with my T mobile MDA US. I get static on all of them if i move the phone more than 3 feet away from the headset. At first i thought it was the phone i got. I switched it out for a new one and it did the same thing. It really makes me mad seeing as i use the bluetooth all day long. T mobile and HTC refuse to help me.

Sorry but I cant help.

Im in the same boat.

Joshua Hanson.

I do appreciate the response at least. It's more that what anyone else has done. I guess the "mighty powers at be" are too busy to answer such a lowly question as this. You would think that Jason would help since he has a JasJar, but I guess not.

Thank you!
Monty Gibson

Monty Gibson
03-28-2006, 11:01 PM
For those who have an I-Mate JasJar, Q-Tek 9000, or any other HTC Branded Universal Device, I actually found a Bluetooth headset that works well with our device. It's the Logitech Mobile Traveler: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2193,CONTENTID=10938. Unbelievable but true, for a mere $79.95 you too can have reasonable communications via Bluetooth. If you have a Verizon Wireless store next to you (as I do, thankfully) you can find it there and in the color black, instead of gray. I just happened to wander into the Verizon store, having given up much hope for any other store and found this one. It's not obtrusive either and is rather comfortable. Good things come to those who wait I suppose.

Take care,
Monty Gibson