View Full Version : Where can I find instruction to use my Tmobile MDA as a modem

xba
03-24-2006, 12:30 AM
I want to use my Tmobile MDA as a modem. Where can I find steps by steps how to configure my Tmobile MDA as a modem on my PC? Thanks in advance for your help.

snootch
03-24-2006, 11:47 PM
I want to use my Tmobile MDA as a modem. Where can I find steps by steps how to configure my Tmobile MDA as a modem on my PC? Thanks in advance for your help.

Found a link, as I was interested as well since I have the same phone: http://www.pdagold.com/articles/detail.asp?a=269

nosmohtac
03-25-2006, 01:26 AM
I don't know much about the MDA, but I've found howardforums.com to be a very valuable source of information when it comes to cellular phones.

Menneisyys
03-25-2006, 08:42 PM

The PDAGold article (see above) is the best resource. I also recommend my article on a similar subject (using a PPC PE as a modem for other PPC's) at http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=510&more=1

advantagex
03-28-2006, 05:46 PM
to use the mda as a modem you need to explore the cd, open the OEM folder, then open the APPS folder, then open Drivers, then open USB Modem, open the word doc for instructions from there

maikii
04-04-2006, 08:07 PM
to use the mda as a modem you need to explore the cd, open the OEM folder, then open the APPS folder, then open Drivers, then open USB Modem, open the word doc for instructions from there

To be more specific, you need that driver if you wish to use the phone as a USB modem, connected to the laptop via USB cable.

The other method of course, is to connect via Bluetooth, for which you don't need that driver, but rather a Bluetooth dongle or PC card (unless the laptop has built-in Bluetooth, still fairly rare), and the BT software set up.

The OP didn't specify which he was interested in trying, BT or USB.