View Full Version : Looking for advise.

diogenese58
03-22-2006, 09:14 PM
I am in the market for a new high-end Windows Mobile 5 PDA - I don't need a smartphone but am not against getting one.

My Question:

What PDA has the best specs over all - primarly looking at memory, speed, Wifi, bluetooth - anything else is gravy. Price at this juncture is not an issue. Smartphone would be ok but none of them work with my carrier (US Cellular) that I'm aware of. I can setup an account with another carrier if that is required. I'm going to pick up a Dell Axim 51V but would like to know what others to use for testing.

Would like your thoughts on the matter - Which PDA would be your choice and why.

Currently have Dell Axim 30 and iPAQ 1950 - it's now time to move forward.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

applejosh
03-22-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm no expert, but right now the Dells seem to have the best specs. The newer HP's might have close to the same specs (memory, raw processor speed, wifi, BT), except for the VGA display. The QVGA display will probably render things a little faster as it has 1/4th the number of pixels (even with the dedicated graphics chip on the Dell), but I don't have any hard eveidence or stats on that. Just supposition on my part. The smartphones (and PocketPC phones) aren't going to have better specs, mainly because of battery life and screen size constraints, but also because the carriers want you to use their data network ($$$) rather than an access point or BT connection (at least here in the US with some of the major carriers).

Patrick Y.
03-23-2006, 01:02 AM
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=117309

I recommend Acer n311 if you can get one.