View Full Version : T-Mobile Germany Offers Cellular + Wi-Fi Plan

Jonathon Watkins
03-21-2006, 11:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=1641' target='_blank'>http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=1641</a><br /><br /></div><i>"T-Mobile Germany is starting a pilot launch of T-One, a service similar to one due to arrive in the US this summer. [S]ubscribers will be able to use T-Mobile's GSM and UMTS networks as well as seamlessly switch to T-Com's Wi-Fi hotspots for both calls and data access. T-Mobile US is expected to offer subscribers a compatible Wi-Fi access point so they can use compatible phones over Wi-Fi in their homes in addition to Starbucks and other T-Mobile hotspot locations."</i><br /><br />It certainly looks like T-Mobile are the cellular company to watch at the moment. Seamless universal connectivity; what's not to like?. Let's just hope the price is right. . .

Sven Johannsen
03-22-2006, 03:58 AM
I swear I've seen T-Mobile flyers around here with what they call an internet plan. It was basically a combo of all-you-can-eat GPRS (or EDGE) and unlimited T-Mo Hotspot for around $40 (maybe $50) a month. The voice plan that came with it wasn't stellar, but if you have a real data centric device, like say, a JasJar (if they had Edge support), and weren't much into phone calls, it seemed like a good deal.

beq
03-22-2006, 10:41 AM
The seamless switching of voice calls and data connections between cellular and Wi-Fi is interesting, I didn't know the technology has been standardized and developed enough for a mainstream rollout so soon like this?

Will this be enough for T-Mobile USA to compete with much bigger competitors (Cingular->AT&amp;T, Verizon, Sprint-Nextel)?

stonyfields
05-19-2006, 11:08 PM
I swear I've seen T-Mobile flyers around here with what they call an internet plan. It was basically a combo of all-you-can-eat GPRS (or EDGE) and unlimited T-Mo Hotspot for around $40 (maybe $50) a month. The voice plan that came with it wasn't stellar, but if you have a real data centric device, like say, a JasJar (if they had Edge support), and weren't much into phone calls, it seemed like a good deal.

I also use T-mobile in Netherlands and I don't know it has GPRS plan. Does the $40 covers the normal telephone fee or it is only for GPRS? If it is a total package with GPRS, then I think it is reasonable price....maybe I can consider get a nav4all navigation for my phone as well