View Full Version : help me-how to remember the name of man more efficiently?

supliang
03-20-2006, 09:05 AM
I find the name of man is hard to remember. the complexed spelling without any exact meaning....
I am from China.
I know majority of you are native. I need some advice,thank you!

pocketpcadmirer
03-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Thats nothing. I have never been able to remember girl's name. Just 1 hour ago, I wanted to get some programming notes photocopied. I went to that girl,but, could not remember her name. I slipped out my blue angel and opened photo contacts and started searching for her photo. When I found her pic, she was standing behind me, with fire and anger in her eyes. She gave me a kick in ***(u know that).

the complexed spelling without any exact meaning

:confused totally: :confused totally: :confused totally: :confused totally:
Meaning ??

I recommend to get something like photo contacts. After that, if you remember the face, you will find the name too. Well, thats what I do.

**always take picture of the person you put into your contact. Axiomatically, with his/her(!) permission :)

Sunny

supliang
03-20-2006, 02:06 PM
I mean spelling of name is so difficult and ,moreover, the name usually has no a certain significance .

Thats nothing. I have never been able to remember girl's name. Just 1 hour ago, I wanted to get some programming notes photocopied. I went to that girl,but, could not remember her name. I slipped out my blue angel and opened photo contacts and started searching for her photo. When I found her pic, she was standing behind me, with fire and anger in her eyes. She gave me a kick in ***(u know that).

the complexed spelling without any exact meaning

:confused totally: :confused totally: :confused totally: :confused totally:
Meaning ??

I recommend to get something like photo contacts. After that, if you remember the face, you will find the name too. Well, thats what I do.

**always take picture of the person you put into your contact. Axiomatically, with his/her(!) permission :)

Sunny

Darius Wey
03-20-2006, 03:40 PM
I mean spelling of name is so difficult and ,moreover, the name usually has no a certain significance .

This is a rather bizarre point to raise. If you come from a Chinese background, then understandably, you'd have trouble spelling English names. If you asked someone from an English background to spell out a Chinese name in pinyin or Chinese characters, they'd have a tough time too.

For what it's worth, English names are just as meaningful as Chinese names. They just aren't openly derived from common words like Chinese names are.

Also, I've moved this thread to Off-Topic, since that's where it belongs.

caubeck
03-20-2006, 03:42 PM
All personal names, even surnames, have had meanings at some time in the past. If you are looking for meaning in a person's name, I suggest you use any of the websites devoted to this exact topic. Try this search:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=gmail&q=names%20meaning

Unfortunately most English-language speakers do not know what their own names mean because they originated in dead or foreign languages, or contain words now considered archaic. If etymology works for you, find the historical root of all the names you need to remember.

But don't forget that many user names in internet forums are not names at all, just abbreviations, invented words or slang. For example, mine, "caubeck," comes from Chris Aubeck.