View Full Version : listening to recordings over computer

sdhar39
03-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi
I have Toshiba pocket pc 350 .I want to know how could I listen to recordings I have done on the notes on the pocket PC. I connected this to main computer trough active syn but can't listen anything on clicking the file on the main computer. Sorry for looking so stupid but would appreciate your help.

San

Patrick Y.
03-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Well, you have to copy the files over to the computer first. For some reason, AS won't allow you to open files with actually copying over to computer first. Just drag the files into desired location on your computer on AS Explore window and it will be copied over.

sdhar39
03-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Dear Patrick

many thanks for responding.I was able to copy with your advise.

San

Patrick Y.
03-19-2006, 12:32 AM
You're welcome. :D BTW, welcome to PocketPCThoughts.

Another solution just poped into my head just now. You can also use CardExport (shareware), which turns your PPC into a card reader. If you store the recordings on storage card, you can open them without copying the files over to the computer since the computer sees your PPC as a portable storage device.

pocketpcadmirer
03-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Just to add that the cardexport wont let you access the internal memory contents. So, make sure to store them on storage card.

**on some devices, there is an option to mount the "built-in storage"(non-volatile internal memory) as removable storage too

Sunny