View Full Version : Whats happening to my iPAQ 5555

RayLore
03-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Hello, this is my first post. Is my trusty 3 yr old iPAQ 5555 showing its age? Quite suddently the battery life has dipped to just a few hours (even when I am not using it). I just installed an new battery and it is doing the same thing. I fully charge the battery, the after using it briefly, and leaving it un-docked, the battery is dead within a few hours. I tried a few experiments like re-setting everything back to factory condition, but get the same results. I also tried fully charging the battery, taking it out of the iPAQ for a few days, then when I put it back in the iPAQ the battery is still fully charged. I really need my auxiliary brain.... any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks... Ray

Edgar_
03-17-2006, 06:24 PM
WM2003?

It sounds like a problem I had on my old Toshiba E750. Mine turned out to be the unit was never turning off, the screen dimmed but the unit stayed on. Seems my alarms database was corrupted as I remember.

You might just want to hard reset and reload from a backup previous to the problems. I'm pretty confident its probably a software issue, not hardware.

Also, make sure you have all the ROM updates, wasn't their one XIP HP put out specifically addressing alarm and power issues?-Edgar

RayLore
03-18-2006, 05:15 AM
Thanks Edgar, will give that a try.
Yes WM2003.