View Full Version : how my pocket pc connect to internet through my house router by wireless

jerrynys
03-17-2006, 04:02 AM
my pocket pc can find my wireless router,by i cant connect it,can some1 help?
thx u very much to all of u :?: :?:

Nurhisham Hussein
03-17-2006, 04:22 AM
Boy, are you opening a can of worms!

You'll need to provide some basic information before anyone can help you:

1. What PDA are you using? Which OS? What settings do you have in your Connection Manager? You say your PDA sees your router - how can you tell?

2. What router are you using? Which wireless connection type does it have (a/b/g)? Is wireless encryption enabled (WEP/WPA and which type)? Does it have a firewall? MAC filter? Are you using DHCP or are you assigning IPs manually? Is it broadcasting an SSID, or is that hidden?

jerrynys
03-17-2006, 04:47 AM
sorry,actually i not very good in computer.and,my router is linksys-G.my PDA is H4150,is a IPAQ.when i use my PDA to find the wireless,it can found my router..then i put the password,but nothing else happen..i think my information is nt enuf,sorry.thx u teach me so much..and,how can to make my pda connect?

Nurhisham Hussein
03-17-2006, 05:26 AM
Do you know how to configure your router settings? At the very least, can you check whether your router is backward compatible with 802.11b? Your PDA is "b" only, whereas your router is "g". You may need to set the compatibility mode for the router.

jerrynys
03-17-2006, 06:39 AM
my 1 is wireless-G..so,how to make t connect to ''b''??and,can u teach me how to chack the PDA is whether ''g'' or ''b''???thx u very much...

Nurhisham Hussein
03-17-2006, 07:51 AM
You will need to access your router's settings to check the compatibility mode - read the manual on how to do this. As for your PDA, it's most definitely "b" - there are very, very few PDAs that have the "g" chip, and they're all brand new.

jerrynys
03-17-2006, 08:36 AM
i m so sorry,when i buy this router.inside jz got router,a wire,and a cd..din got manual..beside this,me also din got the connector then can transfer more far wireless..all nt include,i so unluckly...and,if me din got the manual,how to change it becum 802.11b\??thx u

jerrynys
03-17-2006, 08:46 AM
ah,me got another question bout connection..if me use use another comp connect my router,how?jz buy a wireless adapter card then install it,then find wireless,then can adi??thx u u teach me so much.and do u got msn??cus i wan to add u,so can easier to contract u.can?

Nurhisham Hussein
03-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Sorry, I don't use any messaging apps at all.

And yes, you are quite correct - all you need is a wireless network card to connect. It's actually (a little) easier than on a PDA.

You might also want to post your problem at http://forum.mypdacafe.com/ - in case you didn't know, that's the main forum for us Malaysians.

jerrynys
03-17-2006, 09:06 AM
ok.thx u very much..and me adi change my router to mixed..mean ''g'' n ''b'' also connect..when i try my PDA,it can connect,bt now cant adi..bside this,although i adi connect,then i try to internet,bt it ask me to connect 1st...go to settings.bout settings,i dunno all of it

Pocketjumper
03-18-2006, 09:15 AM
If your network is encrypted by a WPA key, your PDA may not support WPA encryption. Not that many devices support WPA encryption, and even Windows XP has poor support as well (without special update from Microsoft). You might be forced to use the less secure WEP encryption. I use a Linksys WRT54G v.3 router, and I was forced to switch to WEP encryption after my PDA's did not support WPA encryption.

jerrynys
03-18-2006, 01:27 PM
how to change WAP to WEP??me also using router WRT54GC.bt how can i change it to WEP.actually i dunno wat is WAP and WEP?and,me can connect to PDA,bt i dunno how to connect to internet..at my pDA i found my wireless router.so,pls help me solve me this problem.thx u very much u teach me so much

Pocketjumper
03-19-2006, 12:18 AM
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1277020,00.asp

Use this as a guide.