View Full Version : h2215 and BT Headphones

Kennish
03-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Ok, I know there have been a hundred different posts on this topic, but none of them covered my situation exactly. I have an HP iPaq h2215 Pocket PC and a pair of Bluetake's iPhono Plus headphones (BT420Rx) and what I want to know if there is any freakin' possible way to update my Bluetooth in my PPC so that it carries the AD2P and will allow me to stream sound to my headphones. My BT manager in my PPC picks up up the headphones as an entity, but it says that they have no useable services when I attempt to connect them. Again, I realize this has been discussed a hundred times before with a hundred different models of PPCs and headphones, but I simply cannot find the solution myself...

Much abliged for your time :-)

hamishmacdonald
03-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Bluetooth headphones -- ones that interact with the Pocket PC directly -- require a Bluetooth 1.2 radio chip. The 2210 has an earlier chip, so, no, unfortunately the headphones can't remotely control your iPAQ.

(This is my understanding, at least.)

Kennish
03-16-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't mean for the to remotely control my PPC, necessarily, but is there a way to stream the music out like a simple dongle?

Nurhisham Hussein
03-17-2006, 01:36 AM
I don't mean for the to remotely control my PPC, necessarily, but is there a way to stream the music out like a simple dongle?

There might possibly be a way, but it's illegal and there's no guarantee it will work or won't completely screw up your device.

Sven Johannsen
03-17-2006, 05:41 AM
The 2215 will see the Bluetake unit's BT and pair but will not see any profiles that are compatible. The Blue take supports headset/handsfree and A2DP. There is no way to enable the headset/handsfree profile on the 2215 so things like Skype aren't going to work.

You can go to HP and get http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/download/22475.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN and enable the A2DP profile. Yea it says 5500, and it's for HPs headphones, but that's the one I could find. It'll work.

hamishmacdonald
03-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah, apologies: apparently I was wrong, because this page...
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=127756&tab=3

...says that the HP headphones are compatible.