View Full Version : Newsgator goes Windows Mobile

Jason Dunn
03-15-2006, 09:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.newsgator.com/news/archive.aspx?post=85' target='_blank'>http://www.newsgator.com/news/archive.aspx?post=85</a><br /><br /></div><i>"NewsGator Technologies, Inc., the leading RSS platform company, today announced that it has expanded its mobile portfolio with new RSS aggregators for Windows Mobile and J2ME-enabled devices. The new products accompany the NewsGator Mobile reader for HTML-enabled devices as part of the industry’s most complete mobile RSS catalog. All three mobile products synchronize with the NewsGator family of products, anchored by NewsGator Online, the company’s Web-based aggregator, allowing customers to read content and manage their subscriptions seamlessly from any device. NewsGator recently acquired the Windows Mobile reader (formerly called SmartRead) and SmartFeed, a mobile podcatching application. Kevin Cawley, creator of the products, has joined the NewsGator team to oversee the company’s mobile product development."</i><br /><br />This is very cool news - I use FeedDemon on the desktop, which was bought out by NewsGator last year, and it's synchronization of which feeds have been read is invaluable as I move from device to device. My Pocket PC has always been outside this loop, but now I can make it a part of my RSS reading cycles. I wonder if it will support emailing of RSS feed items?

rkopper
03-16-2006, 12:44 AM
This sort of integration was already available via Egress (the best rss reader for pocket pc IMHO) as it can sync back to Bloglines. I've used Bloglines mobile on my pocket pc, psp, laptop and desktop. Just wanted to point that out!

Jason Dunn
03-16-2006, 02:11 AM
This sort of integration was already available via Egress (the best rss reader for pocket pc IMHO) as it can sync back to Bloglines.

Cool, but isn't Bloglines still Web-based rather than client-based? If so, it's not something I'd ever use - I need the speed of a local client.