View Full Version : Sending text messages on a PPC phone?

mbranscum
03-13-2006, 05:02 AM
I currently have a Cingular 8125 and a Cingular 2125. I love the PPC phone but I have a big problem. My wifey sends me a lot of text messages and I send a few...is there an easy way to do this??? I feel like it takes three hands! :( I can surf easily and start and shut down things but feel almost handicapped with dealing with texts. This text mesage issue just really bothers me. Is there any software that I could get to make it any easier??? :? I really like this thing but still trying to figure where I'll keep it as my primary device or just use the smartphone.

Any suggestions appreciated!!! :D

pocketpcadmirer
03-13-2006, 08:58 AM
I feel like it takes three hands!
Can you explain your problem a little?

Is there any software that I could get to make it any easier???
Are you talking about text entry SIPs ? Try TENGO (http://www.tengo.net/)
Though I have never used 8125,but, why dont you just assign a button to "Messaging" ?. Also, if you have SPB Pocket Plus, you can even assign a hardware button to "New Message". This would make your life easier to send new text message, whenever you want

Sunny

Janak Parekh
03-13-2006, 05:31 PM
I currently have a Cingular 8125 and a Cingular 2125. I love the PPC phone but I have a big problem. My wifey sends me a lot of text messages and I send a few...is there an easy way to do this??? I feel like it takes three hands! :(
Why? I use SMS all the time on my Pocket PC, and as long as the keyboard is out it's easy to do it with one or two hands. Using the left and right arrow keys lets you switch between your inboxes, and you can use softkeys to reply.

The only quirk about the Messaging applet is that you cannot switch folders without using the touch screen. Apart from that, I haven't had problems.

--janak

vikasmg
03-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Not Sure I understand the problem. Are you having trouble with text entry - You're used to entering text using a phone keypad with one hand and don't like using two hands with a Pocket PC?

If that's the case, I'm not sure if your device is a WM5 device but Windows Mobile 5 offers a Phone Pad as one of the text entry options. There may be a 3rd party downloadable add-on for other PDA phones.

I currently have a Cingular 8125 and a Cingular 2125. I love the PPC phone but I have a big problem. My wifey sends me a lot of text messages and I send a few...is there an easy way to do this??? I feel like it takes three hands! :( ..... :D

Janak Parekh
03-14-2006, 05:27 AM
If that's the case, I'm not sure if your device is a WM5 device but Windows Mobile 5 offers a Phone Pad as one of the text entry options. There may be a 3rd party downloadable add-on for other PDA phones.
The 8125 is indeed an HTC Wizard with WM5, so I believe it has Phone Pad bundled. However, I didn't find it personally appealing; I'd rather use the thumbboard. But to each their own. :)

--janak