View Full Version : mail2web Exchange won't sync tasks

Patrick Y.
03-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi everyone,

I read about the free exchange service provided by Mail2web on the frontpage a while ago. Anyway, I decided to give it a try. However, I simply can't sync Tasks. The option is available during ActiveSync setup process, but Tasks disappeared from list of items when I try to sync. Can someone tell me what's wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Patrick

Janak Parekh
03-12-2006, 10:13 PM
It's possible they haven't upgraded their Exchange Server to the latest version -- only SP2 of Exchange Server 2003, combined with a WM5 Pocket PC, supports task sync. (Some of the large providers are rolling out SP2 slowly as they test it first. I'd imagine they'll accelerate their rollout when the MSFP is available for more devices, but we'll see.)

--janak

Jason Dunn
03-12-2006, 10:37 PM
I remember reading that they hadn't set installed SP2 and weren't going to for some time...? Best to ask them.

Patrick Y.
03-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Thank you for the replies guys. I've asked them about it and apparently their customer support representatives know nothing about mobile devices and ActiveSync. Here is the response I got:

Greetings,

Thank you for your continued support of mail2web.com. If the option is
not on your device at all then I would suggest you discuss this with
your mobile device provider. It may be that you need to re-install
ActiveSync on your device.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
our 24/7 support team at [email protected].

Thank you for choosing mail2web.

Regards,

Modestos G.
Customer Support

Anyway, I heard from some people that paid service supports task?

Thanks.
Patrick

Janak Parekh
03-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Thank you for the replies guys. I've asked them about it and apparently their customer support representatives know nothing about mobile devices and ActiveSync. Here is the response I got
I think you'll get more mileage asking directly if they support Exchange 2003 SP2 than to ask about Server ActiveSync.

--janak

Patrick Y.
03-13-2006, 01:21 AM
I'll try that. Thanks

ianbennett
03-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Patrick,

Did you get any reponse from mail2web about this?

I started with their free service, then upgraded to the paid (1.99/month)version to get the IMAP access, but I can tell you that it still does not support task syncing.

Ian

Patrick Y.
03-16-2006, 03:14 AM
Hi,

No, I haven't asked them yet. I'm quite busy this week and I'm too lazy to just compose an email. :lol: Maybe you can ask them and tell me the results. Thanks

ianbennett
03-16-2006, 10:15 PM
I just emailed mail2web's customer support, and got a reply back (within 5 minutes 8O ) saying, amongst other things:
We are running Exchange Server SP2 and all our servers do have all the latest updates. Please be sure your mobile device is using all the latest softwares and updates.
Then there were a load of canned paragraphs about setting up a PocketPC/Smartphone for Exchange Server syncing, plus a Word doc attachment explaining the process, but even in the screenshots in the Word doc it only showed Calendar, Contacts and Email as the items available for sync (which is all I see on my device).
Does the PocketPC need an 'upgrade' to enable all the features of SP2? Mine is a Dell Axim X51v (A06 ROM) with WM5. Does this need an MSFP upgrade? :confused totally:

Patrick Y.
03-17-2006, 02:51 AM
Does the PocketPC need an 'upgrade' to enable all the features of SP2? Mine is a Dell Axim X51v (A06 ROM) with WM5. Does this need an MSFP upgrade? :confused totally:

I truly don't know. However, I don't think their being completely honest about it. After all, AS 4 on x51v is the latest.

Janak Parekh
03-17-2006, 05:24 PM
No, the original WM5 release should support task sync. :? It's listed in my 700w (pre-MSFP).

--janak

sooby77
04-07-2006, 03:19 AM
Mail2web has implement SP2. True push is now on. Task sync has also been implemented as well :)

Patrick Y.
04-07-2006, 05:11 AM
Mail2web has implement SP2. True push is now on. Task sync has also been implemented as well :)

Hello,

Thanks for the info. :D

BTW, I think this should be frontpaged. I couldn't be MORE pleased with this awsome free service!!!!!

Janak Parekh
04-11-2006, 04:12 AM
We did post on mail2web on the frontpage, and it generated some 80 responses. ;) While SP2 is a significant upgrade, I'm not sure it's worth another entire post so soon after we initially posted on them... and as many Exchange hosting providers are upgrading, posting about all their upgrades would be difficult.

--janak

Patrick Y.
04-11-2006, 04:29 AM
them... and as many Exchange hosting providers are upgrading, posting about all their upgrades would be difficult.

--janak

But this is FREE :D Alright, sorry. I just like to whine. :lol: I understand your concerns.

ombu
04-11-2006, 05:26 AM
... too slow, I'll try it tomorrow.

sooby77
04-11-2006, 03:21 PM
They had some issues tonight since my activesync timed out, and the error code was that the server was/busy/could not be reached.

In my experience with them since it was first announced, they rarely have problems. It seems to be fixed this morning. Do try it again.