View Full Version : Help Please Pocket Outlook

PatK100
03-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Hi there,

I am new to this forum so just finding my way around, please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong section. I am thinking of buying a PDA in the near future and wonder if someone could enlighten me, I would want to use for both work and at home, does pocket outlook have a profiles feature like it's big brother, if not what is the best way of keeping my home and work email separate.

Many thanks

Pat

Jason Dunn
03-11-2006, 11:04 PM
No, it has no profile feature. Keeping email separate is simple if you've got an Exchange account and another POP/IMAP account for instance. If you've got Outlook in both locations synchronizing with different POP3 email accounts, it might get messy.

In general, Pocket PCs do a very poor job of keeping work/home data separate.

rhmorrison
03-13-2006, 09:45 AM
The best way is to assign appropriate catagories and then only view for the category that you are interested in.

PatK100
03-14-2006, 09:20 PM
OK then whats the advise can you have pocket Outlook and a different client installed and if so what client do you recomment ?

emuelle1
03-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Within Pocket Outlook, it is possible to connect to a Pop3 email account and to sync through ActiveSync to another account, all within the same client. Pocket Outlook will create a new set of email folders for the Pop3 (or Imap) account and the A/C inbox for your A/C account.

I tend to Active Sync my home email and not bother with my work email, since nothing comes through there that can't be handled while I'm at work anyway.

WebIS just released it's new client, Flexmail 2006. It's very good for a PPC application.

Menneisyys
03-15-2006, 08:33 AM
OK then whats the advise can you have pocket Outlook and a different client installed and if so what client do you recomment ?

FlexMail 2006 and Qmail are both very good. Please read http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46747 for more info.