View Full Version : POP3 - Leaving mail on the server

jcoffing
03-10-2006, 12:20 AM
I have configured my T-Mobile MDA to grab my work email through a GPRS connection using POP3 and everything works perfectly...with the exception that I need to leave the mail on the company mail server.

I am unable to find within the POP3 configuration how to make this happen. Its critical that I find a solution soon since my company is planning to purchase a couple more MDA's.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Sven Johannsen
03-10-2006, 02:48 AM
Doesn't it? The default has always been to leave the mail on the server and there was no way not to. It always required you to delete out of the inbox, then delete out of the Deleted item folder, acknowledge the 'are you sure' and then send/receive mail, to get it off the server when mobile and you wanted to delete it. Has this changed?

jcoffing
03-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Doesn't it? The default has always been to leave the mail on the server and there was no way not to. It always required you to delete out of the inbox, then delete out of the Deleted item folder, acknowledge the 'are you sure' and then send/receive mail, to get it off the server when mobile and you wanted to delete it. Has this changed?

Thank you very much. I was deleting my emails completely (including the 'deleted items' folder) in order to keep my storage usage at a minimum on my MDA. What was not apparent to me was that on the next 'send/receive' cycle, these emails would also be deleted on the mail server.

I incorrectly thought that 'permanent delete' was only on the MDA...and they would still be available the next time I could connect with my laptop.

Thanks again for clarifying this. I know what to do in the future now. Best Regards, Jim