View Full Version : What's the best brand of Computers?

jayson
03-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Hey,

I'm just wondering of what brand you think are the best desktop computers.
(Besides Mac :D )

I'm voting for HP 'cuz i like that light scribe feature, usually very fast, and they have a low price.

ironguy
03-07-2006, 05:55 PM
The latest PC World top ten for reliability and customer service had an interesting surprise. The top rated PC was e-machines!

I've had quite a few HP products and they're OK, Dell has been very good, but my last one was a dog (failed HD controller, failed CD, failed USB controller).

Basically, all PCs are the same. Motherboard, processor, memory, drives, etc. Speed is dependent on CPU, bus speed, amount of Ram, speed of drive. Much of this is configurable when purchasing. DO your research. See which compnents are being offered for the price.

Graphics is dependent on the graphics card. Again, configurable. DOn't use on-board graphics (personal opinion).
Consider making one yourself. It's fairly straightforward and usually cheaper if you go to ebay, computer shows, and such for parts.

Sven Johannsen
03-08-2006, 05:06 AM
I have an HP Lightscribe in my Dell, BTW. They aren't like humans. They won't reject foreign tissue.

I've always thought Dell was a pretty good value. Decent prices, reputable components. Their support has been pretty decent to me. Can't say their tech assistance has been stellar, but once presented with a failed whatever, they've been good about replacing.