View Full Version : 8125 needs soft reset before every PC active sync

Jerry Raia
03-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Has anyone any insight into why this is the case? Before I can reconnect and resync even if the device has just sat there and done nothing, I have to soft rest or nothing will happen. I've had to reset it twice sometimes. Putting it into flight mode seems to help sometimes but I cant be sure of that either.

bmac
03-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Has anyone any insight into why this is the case? Before I can reconnect and resync even if the device has just sat there and done nothing, I have to soft rest or nothing will happen. I've had to reset it twice sometimes. Putting it into flight mode seems to help sometimes but I cant be sure of that either.

I do not have this problem with my 8125, although every so often, I do have a problem with ActiveSync 4 .1 stalling in the middle of a synchronization. When this happens, it is necessary for me to delete the device and to have ActiveSync start all over. I believe this is an ActiveSync problem.

Have you considered a hard reset -- and starting all over?

Jerry Raia
03-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I have considered the hard reset but I have read here and on other boards that a lot of people are having similar problems. I think you are right that it is an activesync problem. My 2125 on the other hand, has no issues like this.

brianchris
03-06-2006, 10:53 PM
I have considered the hard reset but I have read here and on other boards that a lot of people are having similar problems. I think you are right that it is an activesync problem. My 2125 on the other hand, has no issues like this.

I too have VERY similar problems as you Activesyncing the 8125. In fact, I've found the MOST reliable way to get it to sync to my desktop is to connect it and then soft reset while still connected.

My wife's 2125 doesn't have any such issues syncing, which makes me think its a device issue. If so, hopefully a future ROM upgrade will help......although I have a gut feeling the problem is related to the Pocket PC OS being more than the 200 MHz processor can handle :(

OTHER THAN THIS ISSUE (which is not a small problem), I absolutely LOVE my 8125!! So, here's hoping either an Activesync upgrade or ROM upgrade will help. On the other hand, wireless syncing with a hosted Exchange provider is flawless!

-Brian

laser
03-07-2006, 05:33 AM
Since I purchased my 8125 I have spent a great deal of time at HowardForums.com reading about the 8125. From what I have read on their site people are not strangers to WM5 and Active Sync 4.1 issues. I really do not believe it is a processor problem. Some people seem to have no problems at all and others seem to have nothing but problems. I think it has more to do with Active Sync and what you are syncing. No matter what Active Sync is doing I can explore my 8125 and upload music and .CAB files. Once a connection is made it is stable. I just have problems making and initial connection sometimes. I just unplug the USB cable and plug it back in and it seems to work. Another thing I did was to isolate my USB hub and plud my 8125 directly into a USB port in my PC. This seemed to make things work much better. Once in a while I would plug my 8125 in and my keyboard or scanner would quit working. I have read where there are other WM5 devices having similar issues with Active Sync 4.1. I do not believe the 8125 is alone in this.

Jerry Raia
03-07-2006, 06:07 AM
wireless syncing with a hosted Exchange provider is flawless!

-Brian

Yeah no question, that works every time. I'm certain it is some kind of active sync problem.