View Full Version : Samsung i730 calendar history problem

jweidner
03-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Every time I sych the software deletes my calendar activites I had scheduled prior to 5 weeks back. So I only have 5 weeks of historical calendar data. I;d like to keep this indefinitely How can I stop the software from deleting my old appointments???
I've checked all the obvious settings in ActiveSync and I can't figure it out...

Frustrated.

Jeff W

Nurhisham Hussein
03-03-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm assuming you've got AS 3.8?

1. Open the Activesync window.
2. Go to Tools->Options
3. Select Calender, then press the Settings.. button

Alternatively, in the main window, right click on Calender and select the Settings option. The sync options are there (including the number of weeks to sync).

jweidner
03-03-2006, 04:22 PM
As I mentioned I tried going thru ActiveSync Options Calendar settings to stop it from deleting old apts but every week it keeps happening.
I had it on Sychronize All Appointments and just recently changed it to
synchronize only the Past 0 weeks and All future apts and it still it deleting apts 6 weeks and older. What I did just notice it that does not delete apts that were recurring only one time apts...

I was using 3.8 noticed the problem so I upgraded to 4.1 and it is still happening..Very frustrating cause I keep all my travel history there and was planning on using it as a reference for taxes, travel reimbursments etc.

Nurhisham Hussein
03-04-2006, 07:10 AM
If you're not using Windows Mobile 5, I would not consider ActiveSync 4.x an upgrade. It may in fact cause you even more problems because the connection type has changed.

Are you sure AS is actually deleting the appointments? If you have a 3rd party PIM manager, it may be filtering past appointments out. Is the same thing happening to you on Outlook on the desktop? Outlook itself may be auto-archiving your old appointments.