View Full Version : Bluetooth headset used for VoIP?

wifi4milez
03-03-2006, 04:50 AM
I have a PPC-6700 (Sprint) and I would like to use either Skype or Broadvoice from my phone via my bluetooth headset. So far this does not seem possible. Even when I have the headset paired it only sends the audio from cellular calls through. I also tried it on my xv-6600 (verizon) and the same issue happens. On the phone the only options I see next to the bluetooth headset are "hands free". I need to find a way for this to work! Using the built in mic and speakers with VoIP creates crazy echos and is unuable. Using a wired headset works great but sucks (because of the wire!). Suggestions?? Help!!

Cybrid
03-09-2006, 06:16 AM
I have a PPC-6700 (Sprint) and I would like to use either Skype or Broadvoice from my phone via my bluetooth headset. So far this does not seem possible. Even when I have the headset paired it only sends the audio from cellular calls through. I also tried it on my xv-6600 (verizon) and the same issue happens. On the phone the only options I see next to the bluetooth headset are "hands free". I need to find a way for this to work! Using the built in mic and speakers with VoIP creates crazy echos and is unuable. Using a wired headset works great but sucks (because of the wire!). Suggestions?? Help!!It does work on my Telus 6700, My Dell X50v...Basically I've discovered the Headset tends to "powersave" and turn off when noise isn't being transmitted. Try starting the Skype and then activating the 'set by its talk button.

wifi4milez
03-15-2006, 05:04 AM
Hey thanks, it worked!

DerekAbney
03-22-2006, 02:47 PM
That's interesting. I never would have thought to try that. I have SunRocket and really like it. Maybe I will try and set this up. Good idea. Thanks.

wifi4milez
08-27-2006, 11:56 PM
I have a PPC-6700 (Sprint) and I would like to use either Skype or Broadvoice from my phone via my bluetooth headset. So far this does not seem possible. Even when I have the headset paired it only sends the audio from cellular calls through. I also tried it on my xv-6600 (verizon) and the same issue happens. On the phone the only options I see next to the bluetooth headset are "hands free". I need to find a way for this to work! Using the built in mic and speakers with VoIP creates crazy echos and is unuable. Using a wired headset works great but sucks (because of the wire!). Suggestions?? Help!!It does work on my Telus 6700, My Dell X50v...Basically I've discovered the Headset tends to "powersave" and turn off when noise isn't being transmitted. Try starting the Skype and then activating the 'set by its talk button.

I just got a new bluetooth headset (Plantronics 640), and that trick doesnt seem to work with it. Any other thoughts?

Cybrid
08-28-2006, 07:01 AM
I just got a new bluetooth headset (Plantronics 640), and that trick doesnt seem to work with it. Any other thoughts? Click the talk button and see if the OS beeps/etc are coming through...

wifi4milez
09-06-2006, 12:25 AM
I just got a new bluetooth headset (Plantronics 640), and that trick doesnt seem to work with it. Any other thoughts? Click the talk button and see if the OS beeps/etc are coming through...

I seem to have gotten it to work, although I am not entirely sure how! I pressed the "talk" button a few times and eventually I started to hear the system sounds. I then proceeded to make a Skype test call and it worked great. If I can figure out how I did it I will report back. The good news is that it DOES work with the Plantronics 640.

jalex
01-04-2007, 06:06 PM
When trying this on my HTC TyTN, hitting the button on my headset (a Motorola H700) causes the voice-tag recognizer to fire up (just like it would if I wasn't running Skype). Once the VTR doesn't hear me say a tag (or I cancel it) the audio transfers back to the handset, i.e. speakerphone. Am I doing something wrong here?