View Full Version : Questions regarding my PDA phone

gergd09
03-02-2006, 04:42 PM
hi!
anybody here who are Axia owners? (specifically A108)
i've jsut bought my phone and i am hoping somebody could give me a help in upgrading and installing applications for my phone.
for example, how can i change the theme or apply animated homescreen?
any help/recommendations would be highly appreciated.

gergd09
03-03-2006, 12:56 AM
anybody? :( :?:

jeremyjoslin
03-03-2006, 03:08 AM
We were all there at one point. The best thing you can do is to just start playing and trying different things. Themes are under settings, which you should familiarize yourself with by testing them all out.

www.windowsmobile.com may also have some info for you. if you have any tricky questions you can't figure out after doing your proper homework, then post again and i'll try to help out.

Nurhisham Hussein
03-03-2006, 03:26 AM
From my (short) investigation, this looks more like a smartphone rather than a PDA phone. Maybe you'll have better luck at PPCT's sister site:

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/

Rather odd that your Axia is running WinCE rather than WM smartphone edition though.

Edit: Found something, though it doesn't look terribly promising:

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6908

Sounds like Axia took the WinCE core and added their own custom stuff to it - the a108 doesn't even have pocket Outlook. Though I take my earlier comment back - it has a touch screen so it's not a smartphone.

gergd09
03-06-2006, 08:44 AM
We were all there at one point. The best thing you can do is to just start playing and trying different things. Themes are under settings, which you should familiarize yourself with by testing them all out.

www.windowsmobile.com may also have some info for you. if you have any tricky questions you can't figure out after doing your proper homework, then post again and i'll try to help out.

actually i tried installing themes from ppc's
unfortunately, the file type tsk is not supported by my axia (i hope i'm wrong)
i tried looking for the theme files in my phone but all i can see are
png files
hope you could help me locate the right files to change the themes.
thanks!

gergd09
03-06-2006, 08:46 AM
@hishamh
i already browsed that forum
unfortunately found nothing useful
thanks for the post anyway

Nurhisham Hussein
03-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Portable Network Graphics is just a file container for graphics files - just like bmp and jpeg. Actually more like the former as it's lossless, compared to lossy formats like jpg/jpeg or gif. Can you try making your own png's (most graphics programs handle this format now, including freeware ones) for wallpaper? There should be a program or control panel applet that handles that (display maybe?).

gergd09
03-06-2006, 09:36 AM
yeah all i can see are only png files which is why i don't know
what application will help me modify the theme.
i can change my theme from the default themes in the phone
i don't know how to add new themes
all i can look are the wallpapers for the theme
i tried installing animated today homescreens but nothing happened

Nurhisham Hussein
03-06-2006, 09:45 AM
i tried installing animated today homescreens but nothing happened

I'm not surprised - those won't run on standard Pocket PCs either, without Macromedia's Pocket Flash Player and the Animated Today software.

gergd09
03-06-2006, 12:15 PM
I have pocket flash player and animated today installers
do you think it will work if i install these apps?

Nurhisham Hussein
03-06-2006, 01:44 PM
The problem is I'm unsure whether WinCE has the Today API as in Windows Mobile - actually the more I think of it, the more I'm sure on this point. This would explain the lack of support for the tsk format. It also means that the animated today program won't work either.

gergd09
03-06-2006, 01:52 PM
oh...
i thought that the flash player and animated today combo would do the trick.
anyway, thanks very much for your help