View Full Version : K-Jam AKU2 ROM Posted At I-Mate FTP Site?

Ed Hansberry
03-02-2006, 02:00 PM
<a href="http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=42638">http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=42638</a><br /><br />The guys at XDA Developers is reporting a new ROM for English and Arabic versions of the popular K-Jam and one member has said it includes AKU2. This means MSFP should be in there, which means the new direct push method for email assuming you have Exchange 2003 SP2. Download speeds are reported to be 14.4K modem speeds slow though, so be patient. The update is not at the <a href="http://www.clubimate.com">Club I-Mate site</a> yet. They seem to release it to the FTP server several days before updating the web pages.<br /><br />And no, I haven't downloaded it yet. :wink: Report back if you do and let us know what is really in there. :)

Menneisyys
03-02-2006, 02:12 PM
The public, official, freely accessible FTP server of Club i-mate already has it online: ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/K-JAM_WWE_216901_2169101_020710_ship.zip

Jon Westfall
03-02-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm downloading it now, at a blazing fast 8.7 KBPS.... Good thing I don't have time to update until this afternoon anyway!

alabij
03-02-2006, 03:44 PM
This might explain why T-Mo and Cingular have halted sales of the Wizard. It could be that they are updating the devices.

adamz
03-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Mine downloaded in less than 8 minutes. Looks like the disappearing MiniSD card issue is gone. I havn't been able to reproduce it since upgrading. Also, the new Communications Manager is great!

Paragon
03-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Mine downloaded in less than 8 minutes. Looks like the disappearing MiniSD card issue is gone. I havn't been able to reproduce it since upgrading. Also, the new Communications Manager is great!

Hey Adam,

Does it have A2DP?

Jason Lee
03-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Hey Adam,

Does it have A2DP?

Several of the guys over as xda developers have installed it and all report no A2DP... :cry:

KTamas
03-02-2006, 05:34 PM

Hey Adam,

Does it have A2DP?
No A2DP.

Paragon
03-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Hey Adam,

Does it have A2DP?

Several of the guys over as xda developers have installed it and all report no A2DP... :cry:

Thanks, Jason, and KTamas I saw that.

I'm just having a bit of a problem actually believing that. Why would iMate remove this feature. It works very well in the Qtek ROM. A lot of people have been waiting for A2DP. If iMate has removed it, I think they may have a mutiny on their hands. ;)

KTamas
03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey Adam,

Does it have A2DP?

Thanks, Jason. I saw that.

I'm just having a bit of a problem actually believing that. Why would iMate remove this feature. It works very well in the Qtek ROM. A lot of people have been waiting for A2DP. If iMate has removed it, I think they may have a mutiny on their hands. ;)
AKU2 has gone thru many changes lately since it had some memory leaks, it was the cause that careers had to delay it, and, I think at this phase, they removed A2DP for unknown reasons (I think SmartPhone Thoughts had a news article about it). The leaked Qtek rom must had an AKU2 build before this.

adamz
03-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey Adam,

Does it have A2DP?

I was waiting for A2DP to be supported before I bought Bluetooth stereo headphones. I guess the wait continues!

exchguy
03-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Cingular 8125 users might want to proceed with caution if you plan to upgrade with the K-Jam rom. There are a couple of early adopters that have upgraded and they are reporting issues with Wi-Fi and lockups.

See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?p=238683#238683

I want the upgrade, but think I'll hold off before I take the plunge right now.

Maybe Cingular's upgrade will include A2dp, but i expect it will be a few months still before its out.

tamoochin
03-02-2006, 10:16 PM
It is on the official clubimate website now.
:wink:

Master O'Mayhem
03-02-2006, 11:05 PM
I loaded it up, WIped the device from exchange, pushed password policy to it. It works.

Jason Lee
03-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Some one over at xda developers says that Spb Backup doesn't work on the new rom! 8O
Can anyone confirm this?

bnycastro
03-03-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm sticking to my Qtek test ROM until dopod releases their AKU2/A2DP ROM... :) just got an iTech Blueband yesterday and it works well with the Test ROM.

norad
03-03-2006, 07:04 AM
Some one over at xda developers says that Spb Backup doesn't work on the new rom! 8O
Can anyone confirm this?

I've used the new version of Spb Backup (1.1). And it works fine. I hard reset my device and restored everything. No problems...

biglouis
03-03-2006, 09:12 AM
So typical of i-mate. Release a version of the ROM which fixes bugs in their software and then punish us by only supporting ridiculously slow transfer speeds (gee I'm up to 13.0K at present).

This company has a lot to learn about customer service. My next PPC will most definitely not be from i-mate.

LouisB

Jason Lee
03-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Can anyone confirm this?

I've used the new version of Spb Backup (1.1). And it works fine. I hard reset my device and restored everything. No problems...

Very good to hear!

dwhitney
03-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Feel like I am in the minority here but I can't begin to tell you have ecstatic I am with this updated ROM. Not only has it completely gotten rid of all the bugs that I encountered with the device previously (there were many...), but it has substantially increased the speed/responsiveness of the unit not to mention at least doubled my battery life!

Could not be happier (at least after the first 24 hours of use since updating... fingers crossed).

Previous issues that appear to now be resolved:

- sluggishness... clicking on the screen, rotating from portrait to landscape used to have considerable lag... near instantaneous now.

- turning on speakerphone option during call previously used to kill my calls... no longer.

- noticeable lag - 3-4 seconds - when pushing the phone button and hang up buttons - now instantaneous

- battery would drain down to critical level in a single day previously.... now... ran all day today and still have 66% battery life left!!! WAHOOO!!!!!!!

- used to have problems with key strokes on keyboard not keeping up with my thumb typing... no longer.

This has now turned into the perfect convergence device for me.

cshields1
03-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Cingular 8125 users might want to proceed with caution if you plan to upgrade with the K-Jam rom. There are a couple of early adopters that have upgraded and they are reporting issues with Wi-Fi and lockups.

Maybe Cingular's upgrade will include A2dp, but i expect it will be a few months still before its out.
My wife got an 8125 a few weeks ago and when we tested the it's WiFi at home, it doesn't work out of the box either. Her 8125 has 1.8.11.1 ROM (11/24/05) and 01.09.11 Radio.

dan.carter
03-05-2006, 01:51 AM
I'm interested to know if those updating their ROM are restoring from backup or re-installing applications? Re-installing is such a grind...

Darius Wey
03-05-2006, 02:43 AM
I'm interested to know if those updating their ROM are restoring from backup or re-installing applications? Re-installing is such a grind...

You should re-install. Cross-ROM backup/restore jobs aren't recommended - while it may seem fine on the surface, there's a high chance you'll run into problems later on down the track, especially since we're dealing with a whole new system update here - namely, AKU2.

Chafic
03-24-2006, 01:29 AM
Has anyone installed it on TMO's MDA yet? success? failuer? like? dislike?

cshields1
03-25-2006, 05:06 AM

My wife got an 8125 a few weeks ago and when we tested the it's WiFi at home, it doesn't work out of the box either. Her 8125 has 1.8.11.1 ROM (11/24/05) and 01.09.11 Radio.
Resolve the WiFi issue. Cingular uses a proxy server for it's EDGE data connection. This allows up to 200kbps whereas T-Mobile is more like 140kbps. You have to disable this proxy server to allow the WiFi to connect but it does connect and at 802.11g signal levels.

cshields1
03-25-2006, 05:08 AM
Has anyone installed it on TMO's MDA yet? success? failuer? like? dislike?
I installed this i-Mate ROM on my European TNO MDA Vario without a hitch. My unit is running the best it ever has. Very pleased with this ROM version from iMate.