View Full Version : HX2410 with 2003SE + WM2005 = ARRRRRRGH!!!!!

Frootloop
03-01-2006, 10:18 AM
just wondering if anybody else on here has has similar issues with upgrading their ipaqs to WM2005?

i bought the WM2003SE to WM2005 update from hp's site as i wanted to make use of the persistant memory feature of the new system. i knew about the pitfalls of slightly slower speed, but was happy with the trade off.

sooooo i got the software and updated the ipaq....... first thing i noticed was that it was very slow at bootup, but as im not constantly restarting the thing, it wouldnt be an issue. but it got worse from there, even with a clean system, the smallest of tasks took an age to do, for example PIE took about 50secs to load. and the ipaq was constantly hanging it made it totally unusable.

after doing a search on the HP forums, i found that i wasnt alone with my probs with the update, most of the posts i found ended with people reverting to 2003SE via the included downgrade

as i got this via digital download, i strongly suspect that i have lost the money that i paid for the software, although i believe that i have been sold a product that is unstable and causes problems with the ipaq which it was intended for. fwiw, hp have responded very quickly to all my emails about this and have offered solutions (all of which havent worked)

ooooo, just realised how long this post got....... :roll:

Janak Parekh
03-01-2006, 05:17 PM
PIE should not take 50 seconds to load. Do you have any custom programs installed? Maybe one of them is not compatible with WM5 and is slowing down the system.

--janak

Frootloop
03-02-2006, 10:14 AM
that was with a fresh wm2005. it was running badd right from the moment i installed it :(

Janak Parekh
03-02-2006, 05:39 PM
that was with a fresh wm2005. it was running badd right from the moment i installed it :(
If you can clearly reproduce it, I'd call HP and ask for a refund, then. That's really not acceptable. Not quite sure why a program would take 50 seconds simply to open. (If you mean browsing to a page, that's another matter.)

--janak

Frootloop
03-02-2006, 09:28 PM
thanks for the response!

it was purely to open, not browse.

the general instability and hanging was a big problem lol

Frootloop
03-07-2006, 06:14 PM
after much holding on the line to tech support, ive just been told to revert to 2003SE and call microsoft about my problems :( - not a great solution

wish i hadnt bought the upgrade now :evil:

pocketpcadmirer
03-08-2006, 11:41 AM
after much holding on the line to tech support, ive just been told to revert to 2003SE and call microsoft about my problems

Got the money back? Just curious :?:

Frootloop
03-08-2006, 12:55 PM
not yet, and i dont really expect that i will get my money back either as the terms of digital downloads dont allow it, but i have to try.....
i dont like paying for something that is unusable.

that said, if anybody else has done the same upgrade and can offer any suggestions please lemme know :)

its running great (again) on WM2003SE. ive got around the problem of loosing info by just setting sprite backup to back everything up to SD card when 20% battery life is reached.