View Full Version : Import Palm Desktop 4 data into Outlook? Doc To Go to Mobile Office, T-Bird?

CyyberSpaceCowboy
02-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Silly me, I just assumed the Windows client install for Windows Mobile (Axim X51v) would find the Palm Desktop software and automatically import my data. Do I have to export everything from Palm to comma delimited and import it into Outlook? I realize there is probably already an excellent tutorial here or on another site, so just point me towards it.

Also, I'm not sure I need to carry my POP3 mail with me anyway since I can hit web mail with the WiFi. Does anybody know a utility to synch T-Bird with Windows Mobile (I am NOT switching to Outlook).

I've not synched yet since I left the batteries charging as per Dell instruction manual. I'm sure all will become clear once I connect the Axim to my PC. Just in case, how does one synch existing Office docs on one's hard drive to Windows Mobile?

jeremyjoslin
03-01-2006, 02:22 AM
afraid you'll need to do an export/import. as an alt you can sync to an external source like yahoo or plaxo and then sync that with outlook via respective plugin.

as for docs, you'll need to place the docs into the PDA folder on your desktop that's created the first time you sync WM. there are some 3rd party apps that will sync any folder on your desktop to your PDA. this functionality was supposed to be native in WN5 but I can't figure it out. probably was left out of production. can anyone else comment on that?

BrightFuture
04-27-2006, 01:45 PM
I have just done that myself. The simplest way is to reconfigure your palm to sync with outlook first.

Once all of your appointments tasks etc are in outlook your PPC will pick them up next time you sync it.

There are more detailed instrunctions on the web about this but I can't remember the URL.

Tony.