View Full Version : Converting a PDF file into an ebook file, is it possible?

scarletknight96
02-28-2006, 03:41 AM
I wanted to start reading my PDF files into an ebook reader file, The problem being that I don't know how to do? Is it possible? Is there another method to read my PDF files w/o using the scroll bar every three to four words?

Nurhisham Hussein
02-28-2006, 04:53 AM
Use the reflow function.

scarletknight96
02-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Can you please help me out by being a little more specific? Thank you in advance.

Nurhisham Hussein
02-28-2006, 08:58 AM
A lot of newer pdf's (especially non-technical ones) have a reflow tag built-in. What happens when you turn this function on is that the text will be adjusted around the screen size. In effect, it achieves the same thing that other e-book readers do with their formats.

I'm not sure if this is available for Adobe Reader for PPC v1, but it's definitely there in v2. Just look at the menu buttons at the bottom - it's placed there by default.

Glohamar
03-01-2006, 02:26 AM
My favorite is RepliGo. There is desktop software to install that does the conversion. The viewer on the pocketpc can be installed on a storage card and is only about 477k big. I convert all my Adobe files to Repligo. The conversion software does cost money, I just don't remember how much.

http://www.repligo.com/

Dave

pocketpcadmirer
03-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Glohamar, I'm with you. IMO, Adobe has not polished the Pocket PC version. They have included plethora of features, but, in the end, none of pocket pcs perform nicely with it. It takes a lot of memory too while reading.

I highly recommed you repligo with PC convertor. It too has reflow option and puts FAR less burdun on my ppc

Sunny

Menneisyys
03-04-2006, 09:12 AM
A lot of newer pdf's (especially non-technical ones) have a reflow tag built-in. What happens when you turn this function on is that the text will be adjusted around the screen size. In effect, it achieves the same thing that other e-book readers do with their formats.

I'm not sure if this is available for Adobe Reader for PPC v1, but it's definitely there in v2. Just look at the menu buttons at the bottom - it's placed there by default.

I'd also add that you can automatically reconvert all your PDF's if you 1. let AS synchronize them 2. you use the File Explorer in Windows to transfer them to the device (NOT, say, the WinCE plug-in of Total Commander!)

Tagging synch'ed/ over-AS-transferred PDF files is automatcailly enabled in ActiveSync, as can be seen in here:

http://www.winmobiletech.com/kuvat/AddReflowTagsInAS-Acrobat.png