View Full Version : WMP10 SUCKS!!!!

piperpilot
02-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to find a way to create a playlist in WMP10 on my Axim X51v. Rather, I have to create it first on my desktop then synchronize it in order to get it onto the device. Also, I can't delete a song from the device without having the desktop synchronization put it back on when I connect my device. :evil:

pocketpcadmirer
02-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Try Playlist Editor (http://www.cs.pitt.edu/~jmisurda/ppc/) from this link to make playlist on the device itself

Sunny :)

piperpilot
02-27-2006, 04:20 PM
I'll give it a try. Any word whether WMP11 with Windows Vista will have this same lack of functionality? I certainly hope that the WM5 and WMP people got lots of complaints!

pivaska
02-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Why not just use mortplayer. It is free and about 10 times better. Easy playlist as well.

Don't Panic!
02-27-2006, 06:47 PM
piperpilot you have barely scratched the surface of the suckiness of WMP10 for Windows Mobile. Try assigning an infrequently used button to turn off the screen. Then delving deeper into suckiness, when you finally figure out what can turn off the screen, the screen comes back on when the next track plays.

Dent
02-28-2006, 12:03 AM
I was just talking about this today at work - I find wmp10 cryptic and difficult to use, almost as if it had been designed to be purposely frustrating.

pocketpcadmirer
02-28-2006, 05:13 AM
I was just talking about this today at work - I find wmp10 cryptic and difficult to use, almost as if it had been designed to be purposely frustrating.

Yes, you are right. On my BA, I cant assign any button other than D-Pad to control the WMP on PPC

Sunny :(

juni
02-28-2006, 06:47 AM
A bit off topic: I was converting dvds to pocketpc viewable movies last weekend and I found that the wmv format works best with my hx4700 VGA device. Anyway, surprisingly enough, TCMP plays wmv movies a lot better than the Pocket Media Player. Strange, isn't it? :D

Sven Johannsen
02-28-2006, 07:10 AM
Isn't it nice that MS developed an Operating System that lets third parties provide us with lots of excellent choices. How many of you load a copy of XP on your PC and that's it? There certainly are some rudimentary applications included with XP, but it certainly is limited unless you install third party (or other MS) apps. Not that much different on the PPC. There are actually more useful things included with the OS with a PPC than there is with XP on the desktop, and some folks actually use the devices as they come. For many though, the included apps do fall short, and fortunately the OS and developement tools provided are available to fix that.

pocketpcadmirer
02-28-2006, 08:30 AM
There are actually more useful things included with the OS with a PPC than there is with XP on the desktop, and some folks actually use the devices as they come. For many though, the included apps do fall short, and fortunately the OS and developement tools provided are available to fix that.

Yeah, you are pretty right. Now, I install minimum amount of programs on my pocket pc(like 20-30), unlike what I used to do before. I used to install like 50+ apps on my previous ppcs. Anyway, MS Mobile is a great OS. What I need is to develop apps on the PPC itself in C and in vb.net. May be, ultra-mobile would enable me to do that 8)

Sunny