View Full Version : Sending Files vis Bluetooth

Spud
02-27-2006, 03:26 AM
Whenever attempting to send someone a file via Bluetooth on my Windows CE 2003 PPC I can never send anything directly from my Storage Card. I have to copy the file I want to send to the internal memory first before it pops up in the window to select the file you want to send.

Is there a registry edit or something I can do so I can view and send files via bluetooth directly from my SD Storage Card? I tried editing the default My Documents folder in the registry so it points to the My Documents folder I've created on my storage card but that didn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

pocketpcadmirer
02-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Can you tell me the Pocket PC you are using ?
I want to know the BT stack actually so that I can give you directions

Sunny

Spud
02-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Umm its an iPAQ 4350 but I'm unsure what you mean by BT stack. If you mean what version of Bluetooth is running on my PPC then here is the info...

Firmware version: 3.16
Hardware Revision: 1.3
Software version: 1.4.1.75

Thanks heaps for this

pocketpcadmirer
02-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Ok. Here you go.

Download a latest trial copy of Resco Explorer. Tap-n-hold on a file(in your case try selecting a file from storage card. Then, in the pop-up menu select "send to">>"bluetooth recipient". Select the device and wait for the transfer to complete.

I guess you must be trying to send files via "OBEX file tranfer" avaliable as one of the options when you open "Bluetooth Manager"

Hope that Helps

Sunny :)

Spud
02-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Oh I see so there is no way to at all to send a file from my Storage Card using OBEX File Transfer then? I thought a simple registry edit would fix that.

Anyway thanks agian I'll install Resco Explorer.