View Full Version : WebIS web site hacked

dugn
02-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Just went to see if there was a newer version of PocketInformant I might need, and saw the www.pocketinformant.com main web site has been hacked. How lame...

Tried to e-mail their web support staff, but it requires a graphic confirmation response - which isn't working. Sad for such a mindless hack to pick on a nice little company like this. Sure makes the perpetrators and their cause look downright silly...

CookieKid
02-26-2006, 08:15 PM
despicable I say... :evil:

SteveHoward999
02-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Seems a little odd to pick such a *relatively* obscure site for this.

dugn
02-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Seems a little odd to pick such a *relatively* obscure site for this.

Yeah. It may speak to their understanding or intelligence on the issue. Perhaps they thought it was a public-facing page for CIA agents (you know, 'Informant' in the name and all). :lol:

alex_kac
02-27-2006, 02:18 AM
Who knows why... They got through a PHP bug it seems and only defaced the index.php files we had. We've recovered them, though we're now working on some things to make sure this doesn't happen as easily again. As such...except for the moment while I'm downloading a few files, I have our T1 disconnected. It should be back up later tonight.

dugn
02-27-2006, 07:04 AM
Who knows why... They got through a PHP bug it seems and only defaced the index.php files we had. We've recovered them, though we're now working on some things to make sure this doesn't happen as easily again. As such...except for the moment while I'm downloading a few files, I have our T1 disconnected. It should be back up later tonight.

Glad you saw this post, Alex - since I didn't know how to reach your firm otherwise (was going to call you folks Monday morning).

I've been a Pocket Informant user since 2.x! Keep up the great work and the excellent WebIS products!

alex_kac
02-27-2006, 09:10 PM
One can always talk to Jason Dunn, Dave from Mobility.com, Brandon from PocketNow, or Daron from 4WinMobile.com. They all have my private contact info :)

emuelle1
03-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Glad you're back up, Alex. It's amazing what these punks will pull. I once put up a site for a church camp website, and some lowlife hacked it. What kind of a challenge does that present to these script-kiddies?