View Full Version : networking axim x51v with laptop

vidiyar
02-26-2006, 07:32 PM
can anyone tell me how to network my axim with my laptop. i am using a wireless internet sever via a linksys router. i am able to connect to the internet via router but cannot network locally. i am new to pocket pc so plain lingo please. many thanks.

Guest979
02-27-2006, 02:01 AM
can anyone tell me how to network my axim with my laptop. i am using a wireless internet sever via a linksys router. i am able to connect to the internet via router but cannot network locally. i am new to pocket pc so plain lingo please. many thanks.

AFAIK there is no model of the x51v that does not run Windows Mobile 5. Therefore, you are probably running ActiveSync 4.0 or later - and, if so, wireless syncing has been disabled.

marathon332
02-27-2006, 04:56 PM
You might try AirFix for free.

http://www.airscanner.com/downloads/airfix/airfix.html

According to the makers, Airfix will re-enable your ability to connect to your WM5.0 device using ActiveSync and a wireless network connection.

It does NOT allow you to sync wirelessly but DOES allow you to use the device on a wirless network after you have synced.

I have not used this free software but you can get more info and download it and tell us about your experiences.

--Steve