View Full Version : Active Sync Nightmares

Albinoni
02-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I not that long ago upgraded to Activesync 4.1 as per ususal to keep on top of things but as per usual again I am lready starting to have nightmares. I've really never heard a good thing about active sync and if there was a better syncing prog out there that woulod support my Ipaq 3970 than I would use it if not buy it.

Anyhow on with the problem. When I try to sync my Ipaq 3970 with my desktop PC the sync will start but 5 secs or so later I will get the following error:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Active Sync\WCESMgr.exe

Abnormal program termination

Now when I click OK to continue I get the following error box that pops up

The instruction at "0x7c168f1d" referenced memory at 0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program.

Now I did have an SD card in my 3970 and did remove it but still no difference plus also I dont think a SD or CF card will cause this sort of problem.

Also tried the following:

1. Did a soft reset of the Ipaq - No luck
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled Active sync - No luck
3. Soft reset - No luck
4. Deleted partnership and start again - No luck

So what do I say I'm completely loss here

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Nurhisham Hussein
02-27-2006, 04:02 AM
You haven't mentioned which OS you're running on the desktop, though I don't think this is an issue. I'd really consider uninstalling 4.x and rolling back to AS 3.8, as 4.x is only really necessary for WM5.0 devices. Further, the way the AS connection works has been changed a lot in 4.x, which may be the cause of your trouble.

Albinoni
04-01-2006, 02:28 PM
I do apologise for this very late reply but I've just virtually given up on this so called MS $**** i.e active sync. Ever since I did my previous upgrade to V4.1 I've had nothing but nightmares, and now that I've gone a back a step to 3.8 my probs up till today has not been solved or fixed all because of a stupid F piece of software.

I thought perhaps the fault was with my PDA, did a soft reset how many times and still no change, also completely uninstalled and re-installed AS 3.8 I would say 5 times and still no change or fix, also I finally though that I would try my i-mate Smartphone 2 and still no change so what next ???

What heppens when I connect my PDA to my PC is that both will connect and the small green active sync circle in the taskbar will run for about 10 secs than stop, thats it. I cannot even open MS Active Sync yet again sync with my PDA, it just runs for 10 secs than stops and thats it.

So least to say I have virtually given up.

I rang MS and they want to charge me a service fee, sorry but no thanks. You bought a dodgy crap sync software you fix it up simple as that. If other companies like Nokia, Puma etc can bring out software that works and does the job why the hell can't MS. But let me rest assure I will not pay for tech support re this issue.

Finally I am running Win 2000 Pro SP4 and have always used this for my syncing in the past and never had any issues what so ever with it.

Also does anybody know the steps on how to fully uninstall Active sync ?

applejosh
04-02-2006, 02:40 AM
I get that stupid runtime error all the time now, too. (But I have a WM5 device, so I'm stuck with it.)

According to the doc found here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/c/5/1c541c3d-c8c7-4899-81fd-1b8e9bac09ed/readme.doc

You do the following to uninstall 4.1 for rollback to earlier version.

To successfully uninstall ActiveSync 4.1 and reinstall a previous version of ActiveSync on your desktop PC, perform the following procedure.
1. Uninstall ActiveSync 4.1.
2. Open File Explorer, navigate to the System32 directory in your Windows directory, and then manually delete the dynamic-link library Rapi.dll.
3. Reinstall the previous version of ActiveSync.

aragornu
04-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Hello .
I am from Romania and I brought my Mio A701 from England (www.clove.co.uk).
I have several problems with it. When the phone starts the error manager says that shell32.exe and connmgr.exe did not start. As a result of this situation the phone function does not start, the signal of the phone does not recognise the provider ( Orange Romania - when I bought the phone and I have tried it, worked very good), the syncronise manager with the pc isn't working as well and the third problem is that the "remove programs" program from "start>settings>remove programs" does not work.

Does anyone know what to do or where to download these two programs because I think that if I have them the problems should solve.

If any anyone know or had these problems please reply me here or at [email protected]

Help will be highly appreciate.
thank you