View Full Version : Delay with brining up the SIP on my HTC Wizard

victore
02-21-2006, 11:06 PM
I have a Qtek 9100 running WM5.0. Since day 1, I've noticed a delay, 5 to 10 seconds, in bring up the SIP to change it from one to another. Has anyone else experienced this?

msafi
02-22-2006, 12:32 AM
yes, i have the same problem though. i don't know when and why it happened. i think after i installed some 3rd party apps. i don't know which ones.

victore
02-22-2006, 12:38 AM
So you don't think the slowness of the SIP chooser was there right out of the box?

msafi
02-22-2006, 12:44 AM
So you don't think the slowness of the SIP chooser was there right out of the box?
exactly

victore
02-22-2006, 12:46 AM
I guess if I had to guess which third party program might have caused the slowness, it would either be one of my Today screen plugins. I haven't installed any third party SIP's.

msafi
02-22-2006, 12:49 AM
for a reason that i don't remember now, i suspected that the culprit is SKTools...do you have that installed?

Menneisyys
02-22-2006, 03:17 PM
for a reason that i don't remember now, i suspected that the culprit is SKTools...do you have that installed?

Did yoiu try en/disabling SIP's from inside SKTOols? I've also given it a try and found that, if I disable everything but the keyboard and the Stowaway Keyboard, it becomes indeed somehwhat less responsive (I'd say 3 seconds to bring up the list) when I click the arrow to change the SIP. Displaying the current SIP is instantenous.

I'm using the Qtek 1.6.7.1 ROM and used the latest SKTools.

jngold_me
02-22-2006, 03:35 PM
I have a Qtek 9100 running WM5.0. Since day 1, I've noticed a delay, 5 to 10 seconds, in bring up the SIP to change it from one to another. Has anyone else experienced this?

It's a known issue with Imate and Qtek. I know Imate has suggested this might be addressed in the upcoming ROM update.

msafi
02-22-2006, 07:20 PM

Did yoiu try en/disabling SIP's from inside SKTOols? I've also given it a try and found that, if I disable everything but the keyboard and the Stowaway Keyboard, it becomes indeed somehwhat less responsive (I'd say 3 seconds to bring up the list) when I click the arrow to change the SIP. Displaying the current SIP is instantenous.

I'm using the Qtek 1.6.7.1 ROM and used the latest SKTools.
first, i installed SKTools and disabled some of the SIPs and noticed the problem. Then I hard-reset my device and installed SKTools again, but I didn't disable any SIP this time, and the problem still existed.

Thanks,

victore
03-09-2006, 09:34 AM
I don't use SKTools, but I do have a Stowaway keyboard. I recently flashed the ROM on my Qtek 9100 to the latest KJam one. Right after I flashed it, I did not notice the lag switching between SIP's. I started restoring some apps and somewhere along the way, it got slow again. I wish I was paying closer attention to see which app did it.