View Full Version : Which PDA/phone?

rosbif
02-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Was looking for a PDA/Phone to replace my Ipaq 4150 and Samsung D500.. Am totally confused by the raft of offerings from Imate - which one am I supposed to be looking at? Is it the Jamin, the PDA-N, the PDA 2K? Anyone give a hint as to what the main benefits are ?

Thanks in advance...

Don't Panic!
02-21-2006, 04:34 PM
What you plan on using your Windows Mobile Phone Edition Device for can help narrow thing down. Are you going to be using it strictly for Business?

rosbif
02-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Leisure mostly - I use it for contacts, my email occasionally, calendar (synced to outlook), flight timetables, sudoku...

Have been offered the chance to get one of these at work so would hate to waste the opportunity!

pocketpcadmirer
02-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Take a look at K-Jam and their JAmin. They both look like a nice package to me

Sunny

rosbif
02-21-2006, 06:49 PM
I liked the look of the Jamin too - what is the difference between that and the PDA-N? Looks like the PDA-N is similar with the addition of GPS. Is there something I am missing?

cslaughtermd
02-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I started drooling over the PDA-N as well, but then noted that it's not actually a phone! I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that this is a regular PDA running Windows Mobile 5 with GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth, but no cellular connectivity.
The iMate JAMin does look pretty sweet, and depending on your carrier, the Qtek 9100/K-Jam is now readily available through Verizon, Cingular, and T-Mobile soon (supposedly).
Good Luck!

rosbif
02-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Aha! I knew there was something I was missing! There I was comparing memory and processor and everything else and didn't even notice!

Thanks for pointing that out to me! At least that has narrowed the field a little - Jamin or 6515 now?

Brad Adrian
02-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Although I love the screen of my JASJAR, it's been frustrating to use. Its processor is just too slow to keep up with both phone and other functions. I have to soft-reset it multiple times a day, and each reset takes about three minutes!

rosbif
02-21-2006, 08:17 PM
I have heard of there being some issues with the speed of the processor. Is the Jamin any quicker? Is it much slower than the Ipaq 4150?

Thanks for the input...

cslaughtermd
02-21-2006, 08:33 PM
I think that the K-Jam and the JAMin have the same 200mhz processor which is noticeably slow at times. I got a K-Jam for my fiancee which she uses on t-mobile and overall it's a great device. I had to take off Wisbar advance which used to be my favorite task manager because it made the device lag, especially with the automatic screen rotation. It's too slow to use the WiFi reliably with Skype although I haven't tested the new "slow processor" version of Skype with it. The JAMin is smaller and without the keyboard and is probably a great interim pda phone until the uber-device comes out (For me that would be the JAMin with GPS, a faster processor and a VGA screen 8O )

rosbif
02-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Aww now you're making me think I should wait! I too took wisbar off my 4150 as it was causing all sorts of problems.

Would be a shame to hear that SKYPE won't work on the Jamin? Does the 6515 suffer similarly?