View Full Version : HP iPaq 2200

szabmi
02-21-2006, 08:12 AM
Hi,

Anyone could help please?

I have a HP iPaq 2200, and I wish to clean up the left over files and icons from the machine. I have tried the Remove Programs utility, but still some files remained on the machine.

How can I reformat and reinstall all software which come with the CD?

Thanks

Mick

ADBrown
02-21-2006, 11:40 AM
You can completely erase everything on the device, and restore it to a factory-fresh state, by doing a hard reset. I forget how this is done for the iPaq, but you can force it to do one by pulling the battery out and leaving it that way for awhile.

Darius Wey
02-21-2006, 01:38 PM
I forget how this is done for the iPaq...

A guide for hard-resetting the h2200 series (and other devices) can be found here: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25724

pocketpcadmirer
02-21-2006, 03:09 PM
I wish to clean up the left over files and icons from the machine. I have tried the Remove Programs utility, but still some files remained on the machine.

Use the file explorer to delete those files.
To remove the icons, go to windows>>start menu>>programs and delete the leftover or unused icons

Sunny

Darius Wey
02-21-2006, 04:08 PM
How can I reformat and reinstall all software which come with the CD?

Oh, and I should mention that even after a hard-reset, files in the iPAQ File Store will still be present.

You'll have to remove these manually with File Explorer. If you wish to remove any hidden files, tap-and-hold on an empty space and select View All Files before deleting.

szabmi
02-23-2006, 05:43 AM
Thanks all of you,

With your help I have now fixed this problem.

Mick

yalcin38
03-27-2009, 11:11 PM
sow your thread on thoughtsmedias.com i want to ask you if you can help me i lost my battery and back lid og my Hp iPaq 2200 do you know anywere so i can find i live in Turkey so pls help me plz
[email protected]