View Full Version : SanDisk 2GB SD Card Warranty Replacement only took 5 months

biglouis
02-21-2006, 07:31 AM
As an update to my last post on this topic, yesterday I finally received my warranty replacement 2GB SD Card from SanDisk.

I don't know if this is a record but it only took SanDisk 5 (yes five!) months to arrange the replacement of my faulty card.

It has been so long that the card has been in their possession longer than it has been in mine.

Is this the worst case of customer service in the PPC industry or can anyone top this unacceptably lethargic response?

In the intervening 5 months I was forced to replace the card with an alternative. I mean, what consumer could afford to wait 5 months for an important component of their system to be replaced?

Of course, I replaced my missing SD card with a competitor brand and as a result of this appalling customer service I will never buy a SanDisk product again. I've given the replacement 2GB card to my son for use in his JasJar with the warning that if it goes wrong he is on his own as far as expecting any kind of support from SanDisk.

You might think my expectations of SanDisk's customer service are a tad unrealistic?

I can only compare SanDisk's response to that of Apple. My iPod Nano broke down the week before Xmas, probably the worst time of the year. Yet in the 5 days before Xmas, Apple took it back and replaced it. In fact the process took 3 days from the time it was out of my hands until the time it was back in my possession. Now, that is what I call service!

Does SanDisk have much of a future? They may think they are the bees-knees but if my experience is representative of how they support their products then a once respected and innovative company is well on its way to oblivion. And good riddance, I say.

LouisB

Cybrid
02-21-2006, 12:29 PM
I remember your old thread. Has it been 5 months? WOW! I'd say that is a new low. I've had to wait a month. Well, hopefully "littlelouis" has better luck with it :D