View Full Version : Help! It's frozen!

lazerin
02-19-2006, 02:55 PM
I was looking at a pdf file on my 4150 when it decided to just freeze up. I did what I normally do when the device freezes and pressed the hardware reset button on the side of the device. This brought it to the start of the normal boot up screen. I say start because usually there's a progress bar on the bottom and there's a HP logo on a white background behind it. Now, all that appears is the progress bar (which is stuck right at the beginning) and a black background. The progress bar won't progress! When I try to press the reset button again, nothing happens, it just stays on the screen in that exact same state.

I tried taking the battery out, then putting it back in. Once the battery cover is back on, it goes right back to that black screen with the progress bar that doesn't go anywhere.

What can I do?!!!

I really don't want to hard reset it as I just did it today to create a clean system, and I haven't yet backed up.

Help me please!

Patrick Y.
02-19-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but I think hard-reset is your only option. Though, maybe you can try to leave it on over night to see if it boots up.