View Full Version : Activesync will connect but not sync.

tin
02-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Hi alll.
Here is my problem. I had activesync working fine until I tired to install MS Voice Command and somehting happened during install... the install told me it could not continue due to lack of space on my 6700, which is erroneous as I have over 40 meg free on my device and over 100 meg free on my card.
Now my issue is that I can connect, but not sync. I get an error that says "Syncronization can not be completed successfully. Reconnect your device and try again."
I installed activesync 4.1 on my desktop ( never had it b4 ) and got the same error... so I figure the error is somewhere on my PDA, but how or what do I change in order to get activesync to sync? I did uninstall MS Voice command from my PDA and tha has not helpd.
I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks

Tin

OSUKid7
02-19-2006, 01:06 AM
I've had more problems with ActiveSync 4.1 than I ever did with any of the 3.x versions. If you don't need to have 4.1 (if you don't have a WM5 device), don't use it - go back to 3.x.

If you must stay with 4.1, or if reverting back to 3.x doesn't help, I would delete the ActiveSync partnership and create a new one. I've had to do that several...no, dozens of times in the past month, and it's not nice, but it usually lets me sync... at least for a few days until the problem starts again.

tin
02-19-2006, 01:33 AM
unfortunatly I need support for WM5. Im almost going to be forced to hit the clear button on this bad boy to reset to factory and erase everything I have doen so far. I was able to sync yesterday at 5 so all my contacts and calendar info should be saved. I guess im screwed.

OSUKid7
02-19-2006, 05:03 AM
unfortunatly I need support for WM5. Im almost going to be forced to hit the clear button on this bad boy to reset to factory and erase everything I have doen so far. I was able to sync yesterday at 5 so all my contacts and calendar info should be saved. I guess im screwed.
Well, before you restort to that, try deleting your ActiveSync partnership (on your PC) and then creating a new one. That's what I've had to do recently. I haven't narrowed down the cause of what prevents ActiveSync from syncronizing properly, but deleting the partnership seems to fix it for the next sync or two or (if I'm lucky) more.